Fail of Your Day

I’ve had good luck with pfsense for wired things, but I’ve never tried to do a wireless AP with it.

I mean like openwrt or dd-wrt.

Those have no guarantee of updates unless you’re going to code them yourself. My D-Link router stopped getting DD-WRT updates not long after I got it.

I thought that there was just one DD-WRT source code that is in active development, and you just have to compile an image for your personal router if nobody else does.

Oh fuck, I have no idea. I just put my model number into their website and it wasn’t getting updates.

2 Likes

I could be wrong.

The true horror here is wpa_supplicant though, which accidentally sets your encryption key to all zeros when the handshake gets repeated. RIP Linux.

Ubuntu updated it today.

I love that all my equipment is wired and I don’t have to deal with this crap professionally.

I’m just glad we don’t have anything stupid like a wi-fi-enabled coffeemaker in our apartment.

1 Like

I couldn’t say. At work we use UniFi access points and a hardware firewall doing pfsense

Earlier today I had to flash the new firmware found here to our access points. At home I have basically the same infra. A WRT54g with it’s wireless turned off hooked up to a unifi access point which I just updated the firmware after getting back from laguardia.

Good luck with your router.

Stardew Valley.

This is a game where I thought I would enjoy it, but ended up hating is. Fuck that game. It’s bullshit. I may go into more detail later. I don’t understand how people enjoy it’s limitation bullshit.

2 Likes

I’d say something close to enterprise grade, like something by Ubiquiti. They’ve already got patches out, and a few other of the more enterprise grade vendors have as well.

Consumer-grade stuff is probably SOL though.

Netgear has updated some routers, but not the WNDR3700. I really do not want to buy a new router. I’ll be checking out some open firmwares when I get a chance. If not…

Seconded. I don’t know exactly what your objections are, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same reason I couldn’t give less of a shit about that game. I MIGHT bother to try it again, if I could be bothered to find a mod that removes some of those limitations, but for now, yeah nah. It feels like a game that embraces the idea that you have to optimize all the fun out of it to actually get anywhere.

I bet the fundamental problem is that the game is designed for hardcore grognards who want a hardcore Harvest Moon, as opposed to a fun game.

1 Like

I was going to try it, but I was waiting for co-op on PC. I heard the UI on the Switch still used a mouse cursor as if it was a PC game, but you controlled the mouse cursor with the right stick. Y U NO touch screen? I see no point in it other than the co-op. If I want to farm on my own, I already have Rune Factory 4.

Harvest Moon had high levels of polish in the game economy aimed at fun and exploration. I get the impression Stardew Valley doesn’t.