Fail of Your Day

You got a case of bonitis.

My internet is already going to shit and is going to be basically useless for the next week or two because of the upcoming CCP congress.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to work on getting research published.

First time meeting humans?

2 Likes

That’s a little condescending don’t you think?

1 Like

Absolutely not.

1 Like

I’m being transitioned from exempt to non-exempt. Fuck everything.

Exempt from what?

Overtime probably.

Overtime rules. In theory I can now be paid overtime. In practice this super limits my ability to flex my hours.

Over time and benefits I’d guess.

I know very little about the non-salaried world, and I don’t think I want to know more.

It can be okay if it’s a white collar or tradesperson sort of job but by and large it blows, even for most of what I just mentioned.

When I worked at the hospital, it was salaried, but vacation time accrued based on hours worked. So you got paid in vacation days if you worked overtime.

Usually I’d flex my hours. Work overtime one week and take time off the next. I’ve never worked more than an average of 40hr/wk over the course of a month.

What was the new low in this instance? If you mind sharing.

That doesn’t seem too bad if it worked like my job does. We technically earn time on a per hour worked basis but we get a grant we can borrow against at the beginning of the year so we can take vacation whenever we want.

My team had a big software deployment today. Meant that I worked 12 and a half hours today. Also get to get up at 7 AM tomorrow for a conference call (11PM currently). And I was the lucky one because other guys on my team worked yesterday from 8 AM til 2 AM the next day, then get up and started working at 8 AM again until half past 10 PM today).

An old friend/acquaintance just knocked on my door to inform me she was running for (exceedingly) local office. Without having read the pamphlet she gave me, I didn’t know she was in the process of transitioning, and referred to her by the wrong gender even after she told her name was Raven now.

I feel like crap for having done so and had to try many times to remember my facebook password (eventually succeeded) so I could apologize as that’s the only method I could think of to contact her. I quickly gave something to her campaign and made a note of where and when to appear to vote for her when the election is.

So, I guess, boo-yah?

It happens friend, I’ve slipped up by accident myself with pronouns. It’s when you do it on purpose or refuse to change that you’re a jackass.

1 Like

On a related but opposite note, I’m having trouble keeping some of my friends from using my new name and pronouns. Most people I’ve come out to are way more ready for me to transition than I am.

2 Likes