Fail of Your Day

Do you mean like around other people you haven’t come out to?

No I got them to be good at not doing that. But I don’t want to be she yet at all.

Ahhh I see. At least they are cool accepting folks.

At least where i work, it’s based off of time worked over 2 weeks, so I could flex my time within a two week pay period.

Apple’s VP of diversity says ‘12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room’ can be a diverse group

Sure, that’s a form of diversity, but if it’s the only kind of diversity you have that’s a problem.

So what you’re saying is that the content of someone’s character isn’t the only thing we should judge people by, we should also endeavor to judge them by the color of their skin?

I know I whine about my reddit arguments a lot, but can people please stop with the disingenuous MLK quotes? Please?

If it was per half month pay period, I would be less annoyed. My manager is looking into getting this reversed.

Apparently WPA2 is broken. This is going to be an internet of shit disaster.

That’s the topic of the show tonight.

It’s shocking how simple the exploit is. It’s bad.

Use VPN, but that only protects you on the application layer. Other things like DHCP are vulnerable. Lock in your DNS server manually to avoid it being automatically changed to an evil one. Also, listen to GeekNights tonight.

1 Like

I’m thinking about making a separate VLAN for Internet-o-Shit things that won’t be patched.

I solve this by not having any Internet-o-things. My wifi is only used by iPhone, iPad, 3DS. I frequently monitor the connected devices list to make sure neighbors haven’t figured out the passwords.

1 Like

Thankfully the only wifi enabled devices are computers, tablets, and a new printer. I will keep tabs on the printer firmware to make sure I get the lastest patch, but my record of no IoT remains to be true.

I noticed how simple the attack is. Literally forcing the protocol to reuse a key. It’s real bad and to my knowledge no patches exist just yet.

I just can’t believe no one noticed this. Replaying part of a key exchange is baby’s first attack.

Especially when you consider that more sophisticated tools that break into the same thing but actually guess passwords are already built into kali

I’ve done this because it’s a pure listening attack. In principal undetectable unless you use the password you get to log in.

There are patches. Windows pushed one on the 10th and it looks like newer iOS devices are generally safe. A bunch of other companies also have patches out, like Cisco, Netgear and Intel.

1 Like

Well that’s a relief that 3 of the big guys have it.

Ubiquiti has a new firmware version expected midweek this week to address it which will basically fix the issue in my house as that’s the only broadcast point I have.

Still though. It’s a firmware update meaning I need to press buttons to make it happen.

Most people will not push those buttons. Then what?

Does this spell the end of my still otherwise perfectly functional Netgear WNDR3700? What if it doesn’t get a firmware update? What is the best secure router these days?

At the moment there’s literally nothing that exists. We have to wait and see what the long term fix is.

Maybe I have to get a router with an open source OS so that I can get patches forever.