Cryptocurrencies and NFTs

1 Like

Ok, hear me out on this.

Make a coin. A non-crypto coin. It’s just a ledger in a relational database.

Make it a stablecoin.

Make it stable at $0. Any time anyone tries to exchange the coins for anything of value, we generate so many more coins so that they are always worthless.

The point is that it’s a satirical interactive art kind of thing.

4 Likes

YouTube shitbag Jake Paul is broke.

I was trying to remember what else Jake did recently (aside from this), then I remembered I responded to one of his Tweets a few days ago.

Well, #3 certainly explains his outburst.

2 Likes

That tweet has a real “Thanks Obama :frowning_face:” vibe. Like, back before the meme got repurposed as sarcasm, when Obama was blamed for everything. None of those are controllable by any President and I’m not sure what #5 is even talking about, I’m sure it is some right-wing conspiracy around CRT/Political Correctness/Biden is old and senile.

Still, it pus a really fine point on something that’s been bugging me as the Republicans are gearing up for the 2022 elections which is a version of this sentiment: “there are things happening in the country that nobody likes and it is all obvious Biden’s fault.” Ugh. Yes, there was a lot I blamed Trump for or pointed to decisions/behavior that were related/connected to bad things happening. But there were real concrete cause & effect, not just “bad things are happening so it must be Trump’s fault.”

It just feels like such a facile partisan argument that everything from inflation to Russia to drought in the western US being Biden’s incompetence and/or evil machinations! And I worry that too many voters won’t do 2 seconds of research to find out how unsupported those claims are and instead decide “I guess it must be time to vote some more Republicans into Congress!”

1 Like

That’s almost literally what happened to Terra and Luna.

1 Like

But on purpose.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Our blockchain can’t fail. The only weakness would be if two few parties had the majority of votes in the consensus algorithm.

1 Like

It’d be a shame if something were to happen to those two addresses…

2 Likes
1 Like

Well, more importantly, too much more and those two addresses can 50%+1 attack the whole chain.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

This is kind of an update/response to Dan Olson’s video from earlier this year.

Turns out cryptobros won’t even read research papers that show why NFTs are a scam. lol

1 Like

Gee, I wonder if there’s a connection…?

1 Like
1 Like