Cryptocurrencies and NFTs

2 Likes

The good thing about NFTs is that the scam doesn’t work if they’re too simple to use, so the ecosystem of tools and markets around them is incredibly obtuse. This is heavily limiting adoption even among people who are dumb enough to want to buy them.

2 Likes

Grifters gotta grift…

Famous women join the crypto hustle, but it could cost their fans - Washington Post

“Gwyneth Paltrow, Mila Kunis and other celebs are pushing women to invest in NFTs, which some see a revival of self-serving feminism”

"Gwyneth Paltrow and Mila Kunis joined a Zoom in January to encourage 5,000 women in the audience to break into the male-dominated world of crypto.

“We have watched a lot of these bros get together and earn a lot of money,” said Paltrow, sporting a black turtleneck, sun-kissed glow and a disarming smile. “We deserve to be in this space just as much.”

Kunis had recently launched a cartoon series with her husband, Ashton Kutcher, that uses NFTs, a digital deed often used to sell digital art that exploded into a $25 billion market. “We are so conditioned as women to be risk-averse,” Kunis said. “I want to take risks and I want to see what happens.”

2 Likes

15 characters of wat

1 Like

If I were to guess, I think this means women trying to make money or grift other women in the name of feminism.

5 Likes
1 Like

It all happened back in 2018-2019 but the sentencing just occurred:

If only there were some central authority that could correct a problem like this…

3 Likes

Many have said it before, but cryptocurrency is really just an exercise in libertarians learning the hard way why banking regulations exist.

8 Likes

Are they learning thou? maybe?

1 Like
1 Like

40+ minute-long analysis by a lawyer of the many many legal issues of NFTs. No real shocking revelations to anyone paying attention to this thread, just a comprehensive coverage of the topic by someone who doesn’t have to say “IANAL”. Useful reference material.

3 Likes

2 Likes

These, like any fines against a corporation, should be based the a percentage of the value, assets and cash, if the company and not just small numbers to them like this.