Booh yah! Show me your moves!

I need to return to eating a single meal replacement bar for breakfast again. I’ve gained the freshman 15 at my new job because breakfast and lunch are provided.

It helps so much! The Clif bars are pretty filling and go nicely with coffee so I have that as soon as I get to work at 8-ish and I’m good til lunch for only 250 kcals. They’re not even that junky, they have less sugar than pretty much all the other meal bars and lots of protein and fiber and stuff. And yeah what prompted this was for two weeks we were crunching at work doing long hours and the firm was buying us pizza and subs and shit every day. Which was nice of them but my pants were getting tight.

My go-to was RxBars since they were a little simpler though a bit denser. The issue is theres a lot of cereal, bagels, snacky breakfast bar things like nature value/kashi bars etc. all of which is not great and in many cases more calories than I need.

Thr RxBars look pretty comparable to the Clif bars nutrition wise, might give them a try for some variety. They’re way more expensive though.

image https://i.imgflip.com/3dq0w8.jpg

3 Likes

Ordered a fancy mechanical pencil from Amazon; they fucked up and sent me a 12 pack.

3 Likes

Think how fast you’ll be able to write now!

3 Likes

I did something similar a long while ago, though it was my fault, not amazon’s - I bought a friend a box of my favorite high-quality rolling papers. Now, I thought I bought him a box, like, 10 or so of the little packs of papers. It was a bit exxy, but hey, they’re really good papers, and they’re not exactly the cheapest here, so I figured, it made sense, it was still within the range I expected.

However, what I didn’t know, was there was a fundamental misunderstanding by what they meant when they said “Box.”

I did not, in fact, buy him a box of papers. I bought him, by accident, a box of boxes of papers - like one of those store shelf boxes, where they take the front off and just slide it onto the shelf when re-stocking, it was more like 500+ packs of rolling papers, he had more skins than a tanning factory. He was still handing them out to friends YEARS later.

Play is done!

I was the head dwarf in Snow White and after we’d done our entrance song the curtain was supposed to open to show the cottage to start the scene but the day before it started it became apparent that they’d never finished the set change before the song was over. So I came up with a whole routine with a song to fill the space.

4 Likes

Installed new wifi router, rewired the house, and reconfigured everything!

3 Likes

I made a game about writing letters in post-apocalyptic isolation. On Itchi.io right now, will be on DriveThruRPG when they approve the files

2 Likes

I am a vaguely competent baker! This is “Bilbo’s Tea Cake”, here’s the recipe from a Web 1.0 Tolkien fansite. I didn’t have fresh lemon or orange for zest so I chopped up some dried mandarin oranges and skipped the juice

Between the omission of juice and my obsession with making sure it was fully baked, the cake came out dry, but it’s still tasty, and slices so nice and thin.

I’ve been using btrfs for external backups for years—snapshotting is perfect for backups—but it’s finally matured to the point that I’m using it on a filesystem on a personal machine.

With this new development of having btrfs on both the live filesystem and the backups, I can finally play with btrfs send/receive for incremental backups. And it’s great!

Today I submitted my first four figure invoice as freelance game developer.

8 Likes

I officially passed my licensing exam to be a Technician-level amature radio operator.

6 Likes

What payola scheme do I have to participate in to get airtime? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I finished the cover for the first standalone expansion of my airplane roleplaying game and it came out… sorta amazing. Like this might be my best art.

7 Likes

A fundimental change in the amature rules that would allow broadcasting of music. :stuck_out_tongue:

Legit, one of the rules is “An amateur station is authorized to transmit music only when incidental to manned spacecraft communications.”

1 Like

Well then, fetch your broadcast antenna, we’re gonna surprise the hell out of the ISS.

1 Like

In space no one can hear you scream “we’ll hang Jeff Davis from a sour apple tree” as you sing along to my rendition of John Brown’s Body.

2 Likes