Booh yah! Show me your moves!

I know a version of that song that’s all about Jesus going on a pub crawl, funnily enough.

1 Like

Today I witnessed some great karma. I went to the UPS store to ship out a return, and ended up having to park at the far end of the lot and walk through the rain to get to the store. The parking lot there is a mess, and was very full because it was lunchtime and the restaurant next door was packed. When I got there to wait in the line that extended outside down the sidewalk, some guy drove up to the reserved spot right in front of this place, picked up the cone blocking the spot, put it ON TOP of his car, and parked there.

When the guy working the store came outside to help someone with a package, he asked the guy “Did you do that?” and the guy responded with a smug, “No sir.” The employee said the cones were there because the truck is coming and it needs to take the spot. A few minutes later, this guy and I get inside, he’s behind me in line. As I get up to the counter, the employee tells the guy, “I’m not serving you. You can go across town to the other store because that was unacceptable.”

He waited anyway, and I sadly missed the conversation between them, but that guy left just a few seconds after I did - not nearly enough time to conduct a transaction. So he must have been kicked out by the employee, who is now my hero.

4 Likes

Today I got paid for a two week juggling gig. That was booked for March. Which I didn’t do due to Covid-19 lockdowns. Which I was technically still meant to be paid for because it was cancelled less than two weeks before it was scheduled to begin.

I got paid for another cancelled gig, but when the money for this didn’t show up within a few months, I wrote it off as lost due to the cruise line pretty much going out of business.

But now, six months later, the money turns up in my account and there’s a huge weight off my shoulders.

9 Likes

I was finally able to get in contact with someone at the office, and things are looking positive! They think a package came for me, and if their memory is correct, they’re going to forward it to me.

1 Like

Is this the thread to share that I’m getting married on Friday? We weren’t going to announce it at all, but due to covid lockdown restrictions, we can now get away with not making a deal out of it or upsetting anyone by not inviting them to any kind of ceremony or celebration.

13 Likes

Pro move right there, waiting for a pandemic to keep it a small affair! Congrats to both of you!

1 Like

It’s not so much about waiting for the pandemic, because we are mostly getting married for German bureaucracy reasons due to owning property together. But it’s a good excuse not to have to make an event.

However, we have been asked to make a wedding gift list on Amazon. At the moment it’s looking pretty sorry, partly because we’re lacking any imagination, and partly because a Luke and Juliane podcast superfan bought us everything we initially put on the list.

Any ideas for typical wedding gifts we might be missing?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/registry/wishlist/20UG3NT3L2P8Y/

1 Like

Typical wedding gift is like, full new set of dishes. My family just does cash for everything.

1 Like

I’ve seen all sorts of stuff, but none of it was all that particularly noteworthy? Basically just “pick a random thing from a Bed Bath & Beyond (or equivalent)”. For one friend of mine’s wedding I remember getting a kitchen vacuum bagger.

Mostly just do cash tho.

I want the noteworthy stuff, because that’s probably the more interesting stuff, and also stuff I might not have thought about.

For example, I put a dropper post for my mountain bike on the original list, and someone bought it for me. Which is cool. I want more weird or noteworthy stuff.

If people are just buying you stuff, ask for one of those DJI motorized camera gimbals. Either the osmo (consumer) or ronin (pro) series.

1 Like

Other than dishes, my go-to gift is “unreasonably expensive food item that they would love to eat but whose cost they can never justify.” Not necessarily an exorbitant expense, but something that makes you think “sounds good but I wouldn’t buy that with my own money.”

4 Likes

My go-to, especially for new or soon to be homeowners, is a solid tool kit. Not expensive enough to be out of reach, but also useful(Especially since a lot of people are a bit lost putting one together), and still pricey enough that it doesn’t feel like you’re just hitting them with just a card for such a special occasion.

4 Likes

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43575089

" Grant Application Success!

As per the latest podcast topic, I’d like to thank all of you, my Patreons, for all your support and patience in October! Without you I wouldn’t have the freedom to dedicate time to paperwork and applications like this.

I now have two months of financial support from the Brandenberg state government to work on a musical comedy project that must be released by the end of February.

This will also free up time for me to dedicate more effort to the Top 40 Jugglers of the Year 2020 project."

What are the consequences if you don’t deliver? They just ask for the money back?

There is no “not deliver”. They just want me to write up a report on what I did.

It’s 100% about making sure artists like me have enough money to ride us over until we can be live performers again

Sure, but if you don’t write the report, nothing happens? You don’t even get a nasty letter or anything?

No idea. I’m not sure they would even notice.

All done!

11 Likes

Contrats! You both look snazzy in your oufits and matching masks.