Your digital music playlists

It’s genuinely been interesting getting feedback on those - depending on age and demographic, different people have completely different bands they’re surprised by.

this is not dance music unless the spirits in the punch bowl are the astral kind
i renamed it to make the mood more apparent.

1 Like

forgive me while i push out a backlog of mixes that have been in the works for quite some time

1 Like

i was working on this last year, mostly, it’s finally done!

i’ve been exchanging playlists with a friend, and this is the most recent one:

While I have a few mood playlists I just put on shuffle, most of the playlists I make are concept oriented. This one is basically a Bruce Springsteen fan mixtape based on The River. IMO the double album that was released in 1980 was pretty weak. Bruce was starting to explore more mature themes than the coming of age stuff he’d covered in his previous two albums, but he wasn’t quite good enough at it yet for it to take up as much of the album as it did. However, when you dig into the outtakes and B-sides, you find a lot of really good New Wave Punk songs in the vein of Blondie, The Jam, and late Clash records that could’ve made a spectacular entry into that canon. Incidentally, Springsteen’s longest term collaborator and friend Steve Van Zandt actually agrees with me that it would’ve been better this way, and lobbied for a VERY different track list at the time. So I decided to try to make that album out of what tracks we have. I tried to keep in mind how Bruce structures his albums (in the vinyl days he was very attentive to making each side a complete part in addition to the album as a whole), and keep some of the landmark tracks from the original that weren’t New Wave on there. I’m rather proud of it.

I also have it on Youtube for everyone who doesn’t use Spotify

A playlist for songs referenced in the Bocchi The Rock anime and/or manga.

some more playlists

a feedback loop, deja vu:

lightheaded on the thin air of winter: