You think Kellhus swapped himself into the Malowebi head, and that Malowebi is dead. But that can not be the case.
“Unable to think, Malowebi witnessed, watched it all in golden reflection, how the Mutilated seized a begging Kelmomas, first with sorcery, then with hands lacking five fingers, how the child had wailed and kicked and shrieked, realizing he had traded one tyrant for four. Malowebi glimpsed the flutter of small limbs as the Dûnyain thrust him into the great black sarcophagus, heard the porcine shrieks of bodily violations, the heartbreak of his blubbering, his whimpering cries, as the great face of the Carapace closed upon its ancient seal … “Mu-mu-mum-meee …” He could remember! The Carapace climbing soundlessly upright … The very root of the Horn roaring. The Aspect-Emperor dead. Never had Malowebi been so immobile, so windless within.”
How could Malowebi witness this and recall witnessing it if he was swapped into Khellus body to be the one who got salted?
Also, Malowebi was no sorcerer. Wouldn’t chorae not affect him if he were swapped into Khellus’ body somehow?
Malowebi is stuck in his decapitant head. He’s not going anywhere. Just hanging out. Probably for a long long time.
We know that he was salted before Mog-Pharau sealed the world, so his soul isn’t just floating freely around Earwa. What happens to your soul if you die when the world is sealed? Just die like a human in the real world where souls aren’t a thing?
Khellus’ soul must be in one of these places.
- He wasn’t damned, and the gods have him in the outside or whatev. i.e.: went to “heaven.”
- He was damned, and he died and went to hell. Of course, I’m sure an aspect emperor who has been to hell previously has quite a different experience on their “final” visit. It wasn’t written that death came swirling down for him, so…
- Chilling in the other decapitated head and experiencing things. Just like Malowebi is chilling in the other head. Or just like Cinialrig is chilling in Amiolas. Or just like a wathi doll. There’s a lot of precedence for this.
- Perhaps bound similarly to the way that Shauriatas bound his soul to the world with those heads on the back of the shield. Perhaps this is also similar to the things I mentioned in option 3.
- He’s in the chorae? We still don’t know enough about how chorae work and such.
- Something completely new and made up! It’s fiction!