Why Twitter Can't Monetize

1 Like

Make up your mind, bro.

Rumor mill basically says that A)He’s learning quickly how embarrassing and revealing discovery can be and his lawyers have told him how much worse it can get, and B)basically he’s finally starting to cotton on about his chances of winning and what Delaware courts can do about it, and he figures that going through with the deal is less embarrassing than getting his ass beat like a bongo drum in court, and then having to do it anyway.

2 Likes

The other side of that pendulum tho is, now he actually has to buy it… with what financing?

I know jack all, but sounded like there were plenty of people looking to buy into the option to buy into a Twitter takeover, and I imagine just from some of those disclosed conversations there’s a lot of people with little sense and a lot of hot air wanting to blow it all over Musk’s Twitter.

Anyone have additional citations?

1 Like

This is because YouTube puts short videos into “YouTube Shorts” which is their TikTok competitor. They have a different monetization structure for those videos. There’s a whole drama about it you can read online if you just search for youtube shorts monetization.

1 Like

Monetisation is irrelevant if the platform is a vehicle for propaganda.

As a society it’s in our best interest to bankrupt Piece of shit Musk.

1 Like

Elon Musk has bought Twitter.

These are the last days of Twitter. Someone make Twitter 2.0 with a way to import your Twitter archive.

popcorn.gif

Hold on to your asses

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely popcorn mode here. I think it’s going to mostly end up a changing of the guard, but it’ll be dramatic, and who knows what curveballs we get?

I honestly would not expect a major meltdown or other large event anytime soon, I feel like most users are getting ahead of themselves in the way twitter tends to do.

Consider deleting any images that you have posted on Twitter. I Fear for artists who already have to deal with the art being stolen. I fear the worst with Musk having access to every tweet at his finger tips.

Like he will respect any ToS… yeh right.

It won’t matter. Deleting them simply will remove them from public view, not delete them in the sense you mean. Twitter retains copies. Once you’ve posted it, it’s too late.

Any “advice” about removing tweets or other content from Twitter is ridiculous and based on nothing. It’s a chain letter of bad ideas based on bad assumptions.

The only thing you can do that makes any sense is to just stop using Twitter going forward.

I haven’t quit per se. (Not yet anyway). But I’m walking away from it for a few weeks to see what happens.

1 Like

That was fast.

That might be my last tweet that I type instead of crosspost from something else.

Fire up the Mastadon again!