What movie have you seen recently?

You really need to read the Bounty Hunters novella collection. It’s all good, well written stories about all the bounty hunters you see in the background in Empire. It’s got the IG-88 story I mentioned, a story about the other droid bounty hunter and the Force, and Boba Fett as a tired old man.

Aint noone got time for that.

1 Like

Long story short, according to the old canon and disregarding midichlorians, yes droids can at the very least be Force sensitive.

Why indeed? The Culture books have a lot of examples of different ways this played out. Star Wars’ universe seems to mirror Dune in terms of disparate or nonsensical tech adoption.

It’s basically because The Culture is actual science fiction and Star Wars is space fantasy.

1 Like

I always loved that you can 1:1 Star Wars to Medieval Fantasy. Black and White knights, sorcery, magic swords, an evil king’s fortress, a snarky sea captain, a dethroned princess, etc…

1 Like

Exactly. That’s part of what makes Star Wars so awesome.

Space Wizards and mystical samurai with laser swords? Who doesn’t think that’s cool?

Did any of the Culture books deal with AI trying to exterminate all biological life? Cause that’s why Dune doesn’t have it.

None of the first 5 did, (that’s where I stopped reading)

1 Like

Taxi Driver is a very great movie about a very bad person.

The Monster is lame.

Good Time is strange, grimy, and oddly compelling.

Precious is heartbreaking and sweet at the same time.

Train to Busan is the only Korean movie I’ve seen that I like.

3 out of 5 of those movies are set in NYC!

My girlfriend made me see Train to Busan, I’m not generally into zombies but I’m glad she did, it was great

Yeah, that is probably the best zombie movie since the golden age of zombie movies.

1 Like

Dune has some wild concepts and I love it. Tripping so hard on hallucinogens they see the future for space navigation always blew my mind.

1 Like

I liked Shaun of the Dead as well. That’s about the end of the list though.

Honorable mention to Zombieland, which had a few good moments (such as every frame with Bill Murray)

Computers being outlawed, was why they have Mentats in Dune since they are trained to be human computers.

1 Like

Wonder if that’s where fallout’s drug, Mentats comes from, which boosts intelligence, among other things.

2 Likes

Bill Murray cameo was the worst part of Zombieland.

1 Like

Are you high? That was the best part!

That’s what I was trying to say. Did it not come across that way? It only had a few parts I liked, namely the parts with Bill Murray, the rest of the movie didn’t do it for me. But every frame with Bill Murray gives it this honorable mention.