Due to this forum being completely public, even indexed by Google, it has about five main user groups.
- Completely anonymous users who arrive from the outside.
- Lurkers who have accounts because they read regularly, and they want to track what is read/unread.
- Contributing users with accounts who don’t visit that regularly. Maybe they remember the forum exists once in awhile. They have not developed a habit of checking frequently.
- Contributing users who may check regularly, but stick to a subset of categories or threads. They don’t look at the entire forum, just the parts that interest them.
- Regular users who visit and contribute frequently to all threads.
I can see from the analytics the forum collects which topics and threads are most popular among the different groups. I can definitely say, each group enjoys completely different threads. I can also definitely tell you that the threads with the most posts are not the ones with the most reads.
What the analytics can’t tell me is how people feel about the content they are seeing or contributing here. It could be that people are reading “Random Comments” or “Things of Your Day” the most because those threads have a lot of activity. Maybe people really are happiest and most excited when they see posts in another thread, but the thread is posted in very rarely.
Of all the things on this forum, which things do you like the most? What types of threads and posts are you most excited to see new comments in? If you keep checking this forum on a regular basis, what are you hoping to see new comments in? Can you think of any kind of content you want to see, but a relevant thread doesn’t even exist? What threads do exist, but you have no interest in and never read?