Video Game News & Discussion 2.0

F

1 Like

RIP

The 3DS had so much more untapped potential.

I think the Switch has replaced the concept of a portable/mobile console entirely. One portable to rule them all.

3 Likes

Thing is, using Switch as portable system kinda sucks. Lots of it’s games and especially their UIs are not designed for the switch screen and overall it’s form factor is such that I definitely don’t prefer using it as handheld.

The Switch didn’t kill handheld systems, phones did.

1 Like

Phone
Switch
PS/Xbox
PC

Those are the four classes of gaming devices in 2020.

2 Likes

Phone
Switch
PS/Xbox
PC

Those are the four classes of gaming devices in 2020.

Long ago the four classes lived in harmony.

Then everything changed when the phone class attacked

5 Likes

source

That needs to be a meme.

It is.

1 Like

Huge news this morning.

Insert here all the usual talking points about anti-trust, mergers, fewer larger corporations controlling the world, etc.

This is actually a good fit. Bethesda might be the most PC-gamingest AAA publisher, and Microsoft Windows is PC gaming. It’s almost as if Nintendo just made hardware, and some other company made Mario games, then Nintendo bought them.

The hot take that matters.

This is the second notable game studio I’ve seen built by Blizzard people who are fleeing the slowly sinking ship. The other being Second Dinner.

I give them a pretty good shot of cooking up something good.

1 Like

I was about to post this. It’s big news and good people.

Amazon has stated its own cloud gaming service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5IPm4NGQOY

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/10/02/you-may-soon-buy-games-from-other-stores-using-the-gog-galaxy-client

I think I’m mainly playing Animal Crossing New Horizons mainly for the Able Sisters now.

1 Like

Breakway: canceled
Crucible: canceled

Amazon, just close your game studio. Stop trying.

Insert here discussion about how any game studio that invested that much into two failed projects would be bankrupt. Companies that are too big to exist can just force their way into market by suffering repeated failures with no consequences.