Twitter

Twitter appears to be down globally right now.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Twitter’s recent decision to suppress that fake disinformation campaign about Biden’s son.

1 Like

Looks like individual pages still work, and tweeting did 37 minutes ago.

I logged out and I get service errors if I try to re-authenticate. But, if I’m logged out and know the URL of a specific tweet or twitter user I can see the content just fine.

What if they never fix it, and somebody tweeted the last tweet ever.

LOOK YE MIGHTY

That was quick.

Haha, it appears to be back

I’m searching for a tool / service that will analyze my twitter feed and rank the accounts I follow that are responsible for the most tweets, both from what that account tweets directly and the amount they RT others.

I need to prune my Twitter feed and move more accounts into dedicated lists that I can check when I want specific news and content. I could get a sense for which ones I should prune or move but I’m wondering if an analysis like this would reveal something I would not immediately intuit.

I don’t know of any such tool. I imagine you would have to write it by hand using the Twitter API. I have been pruning my feeds more and more, and I’ve always just done it by hand.

The great thing about Art Twitter right now, are the art tutorials.

2 Likes
1 Like

“late stage Twitter” is indeed terrifying. I check it about once a day and it’s rapidly declining.
I’m still considering bulk-deleting all my old tweets. But at least for now they remain private so they don’t drive more traffic to the dying hell site.

The only reason I don’t want to delete my tweets is that cool URLs don’t change.

Kind of moot if I went private. Only people who already followed me at the time I gave up can even see them.

It looks like Twitter is now blocking posting Mastodon links, or attempts to put a Mastodon link in your bio. Just tried it myself, and got a warning that “this link has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.” Cool beans.

1 Like

Oof, just tried it myself and I got “Account Update Failed: Description considered Malware”

A little bit beyond asking for free speech, this is into antitrust.

People found out that linking to a linktree or personal site is a way to post the mastadon link on Twitter.

Light this thing on fire.