This Shit Just Got Real (Juggling)

The Top 40 Jugglers of 2021 as voted by YOU!!!

If you happened to vote. And you probably didn’t, or else I might have been higher than 21st.

So like a youtube thing I on and off check out had a thing on combat juggling. As soon as I saw it, I was wondering if Luke’d be in it. The answer was of course he was. Also some other guy who I’d never heard of who they mock a lot and sort of by extension the modern incarnation of combat juggling. Anyway this’ll possibly be the only time I ever have something to contribute to this thread that Luke wasn’t already aware of.

1 Like

Cringing at “Jason Garfield is responsible for combat juggling becoming a sport” but I’ll keep watching.

I was actually sort of wondering about that. I think they were talking about the whole, uniforms, league, really tight rules and cameras, adverts and a really professional looking environment and such? I have no idea. What did Jason Garfield bring to combat juggling?

Nothing. All he does is package juggling into a TV show, pays to put it on ESPN and sells the advertising blocks. To do this he puts on events that make money from hotel room bookings during off-season periods in Vegas. It’s all self-serving, self-promotional projects which contribute almost nothing to the juggling world.

Specifically with combat juggling, it’s more of the same. The first WJF event took place in 2004, years after we were organizing combat tournaments in Europe. Each year there is a single WJF event, which sometimes features combat, while there were (pre-covid) about 60
tournaments per year that had nothing to do with the WJF.

Or about 30-40 people have ever taken part in a WJF event, compared to about 2,000 participants in the Fight Night Combat scene. And, you know, just a single city compared events in about 40 countries on all non-Antarctica continents.

Lots more videos on this guy’s Instagram page. Skiing + juggling:

1 Like

Back to my winning ways

Good information about the 12 hour 5 minute three ball juggling world record by someone delusional enough to think they could break it.

Maybe Twitter will embed better

1 Like

This is more ridiculous than basketball on trampolines. Wow.

2 Likes

The Ironic Sans Luke Burrage crossover 15 years in the making

1 Like

Do you remember the original juggling thread in the previous forum began with a flurry of new 11 ball records by Alex Barron and Peter Bone, improving on an old record by Bruce Sarafian?

15 catches:

17 catches by Alex Barron:

18 catches by Peter Bone:

19 catches by Alex Barron:

From there is was ALL Alex Barron: 21 catches, 23 catches, 25 catches, and then 5 years ago he got to 33 catches:

This made to number 3 in my “Most Impressive Juggling World Records” video:

BIG NEWS!!!

Tom Whitfield finally broke Alex’s 5 year old record, with 34 catches of 11 balls:

Tom now has the 10 and 11 ball world records, both previously held by Alex Barron. Alex still holds the 12, 13 and 14 ball records… but for how long?!?

1 Like

What to fill in a timeslot when someone cancels their speedrun? Juggling for charity.

I forgot to share my latest video, which showcases the biggest tricks of the last year or so:

1 Like

Claims that juggling helps your brain grow and can improve your reading ability (via expanded peripheral vision):

The original study that keeps appearing in popular science content didn’t show that juggling specifically makes your brain grow. Instead the study used juggling as a measurable physical activity to show that learning a new physical activity makes your brain grow.

This guy gets the important part though, that you should do physical activity to refresh your brain after lots of stationary sitting and hard thinking.

Greatest of all time juggler Anthony Gatto still holds many world records, despite retiring 11 years ago. His oldest record that still stands is from 1989!!! That’s 8 rings for 1m 17s.

But yesterday his 8 ball record from 2006 was broken by 5 seconds:

Fun cataloging of juggling in animation (though gets bogged down in the middle with video games) and some interesting conclusions.