This is Google

HTC has made some awesome phones, but I know they were struggling for cash because they were a smaller company. I hope this works out for them.

Pixel 2 announced, phoned looked ok until canā€™t confirmed there is no headphone jack.

Pixel 1 still appears to be my next phone.

I continue to complain about the size of the phone.

4 Likes

Iā€™m picking up a Pixel 2 anyways, since Iā€™m starting to need a new phone. Guess Iā€™m gonna have to find decent Bluetooth earbuds.

I also need a new phone. I donā€™t like the ridiculous nonsense I have to go through to find a modern phone in the size category I want.

:apple::iphone:

Switching costs.

Those are consequences of making the wrong decision in the first place.

2 Likes

I chose the lark of finding a non apple phone in the correct form factor vs. the switching cost as my penance.

I have considered the switch but my disdain of iTunes is too much

iTunes is fine.

But also, iTunes is basically completely out of the picture now. I havenā€™t used it to sync in years. Just now, they removed the app store from it.

The only thing I use iTunes for is making backups of my phone to my own personal storage. The phone can back itself up to iCloud storage.

I donā€™t iTunes, I use Google Music and Pandora.

Still not big enoughā€¦ I want Google to make a 6" plus phoneā€¦

The pedant in me says you want a tablet that functions as a calling device.

1 Like

The pedant is correct. I have a Pixel XL which I love but if it was a half inch bigger or even a bit more I would love it more.

Just buy a tablet that takes a sim card. Thatā€™s the correct solution for your use case.

1 Like

Oh it totally is. I just like Googleā€™s devices. When the time comes to upgrade Iā€™ll have to see whatā€™s out there.

Weird thing is, I wonder if Iā€™m making a mistake with the wanting a small phone. I have gigantic hands. In fact, one sec let me prove that:

Despite that I think my Galaxy S5 is too big. I cannot comfortably reach the entire screen with my thumb without readjusting my grip. I need something smaller. Doesnā€™t have to be the smallest phone in the universe. But smaller than a Galaxy S5

Our hands are of comparable size. I have an iPhone SE. Pop into an Apple Store and play with the phones?