Things of Your Day

There is so much to love in that 2 minute short. One of the suggestions after the video is another great Undertale animation. If nothing else the art design is fantastic on this one. This is what I’d want an Undertale series or movie to look like:

I just came across this essay again. It’s a bit old but also a bit obscure. It’s also pure gold and hilarity.

It is the work of Zeus Hammer. (I think it’s actually titled The Night’s Watch)(Warning technical content, but definitely fit for non tech people.)

Words of wisdom to kids who want to work in IT.

USB 3.2 announced. Here are the pending specs.

The most fascinating things happen in Sonic Boom.

Nope, liking this isn’t enough. Wow, I love it. Keep movin’ that zeitgeist!

Sonic Boom is such an underrated show.

General advice about Interviewing for a programming job.

I never realized fizzbuzz was a “children’s game”. I’ve never given it as an interview question, but I did receive it as a question once.

It depends on what you’re hiring for, but I’d ask something more complicated if the interviewee claims to have a CS degree.

I personally have my own little fizz buzz, it’s not any more complex but it’s not fizz buzz, and most importantly I’ve come up with it myself and I’m not sharing it here. I’d like my novel interview questions to remain novel. (It arbitrarily requires you to use both a conventional loop and a recursive solution for the two loops it requires)

A while back there was a podcast totd about 3d printed gears and gear ratios where this guy had a series of gears where you turn a big wheel a lot and a little wheel turns a little but with a lot of power. Scott asked, what if you turned the little wheel a lot and there was a brief disagreement about whether or not the plastic would melt or break or seize up. Well these guys got a lego engine block and hooked it up to a actual motor, like maybe for a drill?

It basically answers the question.

I don’t think they lubricated enough. I also don’t think they attached the parts of the motor together strongly enough. Gotta weld that biz.

[quote=“Apreche, post:743, topic:36, full:true”]
I don’t think they lubricated enough. I also don’t think they attached the parts of the motor together strongly enough. Gotta weld that biz.
[/quote]Nah, I’ve just done what is known in technical terms as “Revved it so hard they blew the arse out of it.” Also known as “Throwing a leg out of bed”. They threw a connecting rod because they ran it too fast. Well, except the first one, in that case, the crankshaft broke.

Welding isn’t necessary - I mean, you don’t weld a piston to anything. They just exceeded what the materiel could bear.