Things of Your Day

A weakness of mine is the long project videos that explain what they are doing well.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ocean Gate was designed for the 24 Word RPG Jam and is very straightforward. It is a game about the perils of hubris. You can play it solo, or with up to five millionaires.

1 Like
3 Likes

My favorite part was how a shop is a process - very encouraging for my very unfinished ongoing basement shop reorganization!

2 Likes

Lanny Smoot is a Disney Imagineer who has worked at the company’s parks for decades, and he’s now the first Imagineer (after Walt Disney himself) to be inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

This short interview shows all the work he’s done, and he even demonstrates his latest invention, and it’s pretty cool!

The guy that found sim refinery, in the back of the room next to me watching Rym and Scott talking about sim refinery.

3 Likes
1 Like

Okay, this is probably way too specific for anyone else, but this thread is called “Things of Your Day” and this has probably not just made my day but at least my entire month:

I play on occasion Clone Hero just for fun. I am not very good at it but I just enjoy it a lot. If you are unaware what Clone Hero is, it is basically a homebrew recreation of the plastic-instrument games from the mid 2000s. Rock Band and Guitar Hero and such. Except it is for PC which means endless custom tracks.

However, even with a lot of people charting songs for the platform, it is sometimes difficult to find good songs, particularly with a peculiar musical taste like I have. Two of my favorite bands, the Menzingers and Spanish Love Songs, only have one song each for the platform, and SLS only got their last month. Both of these songs only have guitar tracks as the vast majority of songs made by charters only have those, which is rather frustrating for me as I only play drums with an actual e-drum kit.

My current favorite band is called Necry Talkie and is from Japan, which is both very far away from where I live in europe, and very far where the vast majority of the Clone Hero Community resides in the U.S… Of course they have had some overlap as the internet-happy community of CH is also into anime and Necry Talkie only recently made some waves as playing the opening song for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. But again, even the handful of songs that have come out so far don’t have drum tracks even though they have one of the best drummers in music for my money.

Today by sheer happenstance, I put the song title “Yasashikunaretanara” into YouTube and found that a user by the name “froggydugong” has uploaded charts for almost the entire catalog of Necry Talkie for drums. Actually they did it for another similar program named “Phase Shift” but the charts also work for Clone Hero. 57 songs which are all straight bangers laser-targeted to me.

I am hopelessly inadequate in actually playing the charts, because the drummer for Necry Talkie is very good indeed, but man I am so happy to have these in my life. I am over the fucking moon!

2 Likes

Student film that the college ends up using as their recruitment ad.

I think we made this a totd in ancient times XD

1 Like
1 Like

The thing no-one will say about Apple Vision Pro

Apparently, “Don’t wear it while you’re driving your Tesla”

2 Likes

At least it’s a self-correcting problem.

(Other than the collateral damage).

1 Like

6 Likes