Things of Your Day

If you have read my review of the show, you are probably aware that I fucking love Bocchi the Rock. It is seriously contending for my favorite anime of all time, and that is stiff competition. You absolutely should watch it.

However, I have also recently fallen into a hole, as there are a total of three streamers who are doing episode by episode watchalongs that are expanding into multi-hour analyses of the psychological underpinnings of the characters, two of them by psychologists. I think my favorite is by Edgar a.k.a. Psyculturalists who has the uncanny knack of prefiguring the actions of the characters from their mental perspectives, which kind of reflects how well they are written IMHO. There is also EuroBrady, a Narrative Therapist, who does a very similar thing but with a different approach analyzing how the characters view themselves and how that influences their behavior. Finally there is Teeaboo who actually has the best approach by watching the episode through once and then going over it once more with stills and with some more insight toward the artistic approach of the show.

Seriously though, BTR has so many damn layers and is just incredibly well put together.