The Collapse of Right-Wing "News"

Whenever a headline regarding right-wing media pops up, I’ve been having trouble deciding which thread to put them in since there are so many that relate to the topic, so I’m starting a more focused thread to make it easier for us.

Right-wing media outlets have been facing legal punishments lately, and it’s been pretty glorious.

OANN - Dropped by every major carrier…almost. GCI is the only one left carrying it.

Fox News - Losing advertisers quickly thanks to the Check My Ads campaign. Also, their status as a reputable source has been dropped from Green to Red by NewsGuard.

Breitbart - CEO Steve Bannon has been hit with two guilty charges of criminal contempt.

InfoWars - Alex Jones has to pay $49.3 million to the families of Sandy Hook. IW’s parent company also filed for bankruptcy.

Anything else I missed? Are there any other companies going through the grinder?

1 Like

Can probably add the NRA to that list as well.

They’re not really a news outlet, and we have a Gun Control thread.

1 Like

ah yes. my bad.

The checkmyads thing is legit and effective? I’m signing up now.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

So, What’s Kiwifarms? I’m a bit afraid to google here at work.

1 Like

I’m so glad I live in a part of the internet where I only find out about these sites as they are closing.

1 Like

Protip: don’t

15 characters of NOPE

Basically, a forum that is known for exactly two things: being extremely bigoted in every possible way imaginable, which drives and is linked in to the other thing they’re famous for - Doxxing people, usually vulnerable people or minorities, so that they can be opened up to Swatting, harassment, or direct violence.

1 Like

Yeap.

Imagine Something Awful if it came about and was populated entirely by people fleeing 4chan’s crackdowns, plus a ton of older MRAs and bottom-tier PUAs.

1 Like

Also, it’s losing money. No surprise there.

CloudFlare has dropped Kiwifarms.

lol

1 Like

And this…