Steven Universe

So is anyone else going “Why is there a movie? Where could the story go from here?”

That finale felt pretty much like the story was done.

You sat that, but like we didn’t even get an Animal House-style “Where Are They Now” montage. A little denouement would be nice.

Apparently this was basically the original vision for the show, but it’s already lined up to get another season and the movie, so I’m sure there’s plenty more for them to explore.

I like that the nature of the final conflict is such that there really isn’t any reason to escalate it next time. The new “villain” doesn’t need to be all around bigger and badder because the heroes didn’t have to physically overpower the last ones to win. I’m kind of tired of long running series where every bad guy is previous bad guy x2.

Obviously the path is Steven Universe Go!!! :rofl:

So, my take is that there is a lot of turmoil on Earth that needs addressing. We’ve seen Beach City and a few other locations briefly, but, by and large just because there is some understanding with Homeworld doesn’t mean things are going great for humanity.

Steven in Tokyo?

Nah. I mean, we already had Lion Steven:

Clearly, next is Vehicle Steven.

1 Like

Poster for an upcoming season 6 episode:

The latest SU Podcast suggests a possible spinoff or rebrand (54 minutes).

It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything from this show. The season 5 finale aired a few months back (with a 6th on the way) and a movie was teased nearly a year ago.

This is all we got for now.

Go back this and/or share. Amazing pins!

/promote friends

1 Like

It worked for South Park.

Steven Universe will have a panel at Comic-Con, and it will have the worldwide debut of the movie trailer on July 19.

1 Like

EDIT: Trailer.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s honestly fucking crazy, considering that it’s got to be one of the most anticipated things o their schedule, so it’'d command premium ad rates.

1 Like

Your reminder that the movie premieres tonight at 6PM.

1 Like

Oh god. My girlfriend is coming over tonight. She hasn’t seen the show and my brother is gonna wanna watch the movie.
FECK

2 Likes

Welp.

I’m still in the post-watching afterglow where all I can think about was how awesome it was. I think I’ll need a few days to decompress what I think.

1 Like