Steam

It’s pretty easy if you have a group, I think. I can technically do it for the /r/anime steam page, and that group’s dead AF.

Seriously going to drop a bunch of money on steam today, theres a ton of games on my wishlist on sale for various reasons. Got Horizon Zero Dawn for 40% off for 30 bucks, and THEN I saw that Control was 60% off. Plus I saw SOR4 just went on sale on the Nintendo eShop which I’ve been meaning to pick up too (got it for PC at launch as I didn’t have a switch then).

What a piece of junk. And they even show someone playing Factorio? With a gamepad? Who are they fooling? This thing was clearly not tested by anyone.

1 Like

Wow, taking a run straight at Nintendo. Brazen. I wish them luck.

I mean how many of my steam games are Controller based a lot.

Yes, certainly. I’m just pointing out how the video includes quite a few games that are very NOT good for gamepad play.

Besides analogue sticks and a D-Pad, it looks like it also has two touch pads, similar to the Steam Controller, which would make playing games like Factorio easier.

Yes, I can see those. I’ve used them on the Steam controller. They are more impressive than I imagined they would be before using them, but still not good enough to matter.

I mean, flippers aren’t great either, but as an appendage that works both on land and in water, it gets the job done, but it’s not great at either.

The touchpad is the same thing. It’s not as good at PC games like a mouse and keyboard, and it’s not as good as a D-Pad or an analogue stick for more console-y games, but as a compromise to playing mouse and keyboard games on a portable device, it functions better than any of the alternatives.

Looks like a Sega Game Gear just ugly, but also, I think it’s a good idea to copy the switch form factor. I think Sony and Microsoft should also get in on this action.

But also, make every single multiplayer game compatible across platforms, otherwise don’t bother.

I’m also a big fan of more buttons at the back of controllers. That’s where all your fingers are!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see how they’ve half-assed it before they do nothing with it, and then stop supporting it a short few years later and pretend it never happened.

4 Likes

That’s the eponymous Linus of tech tips fame in the background, talking about how he forgot a control scheme. You can hear him at about 2:55 too, recording the intro to the LTT vid on it.

This is kinda my view on it. Even if it were something I super duper wanted, Valve’s the only company I trust less than Google to maintain a project after the initial engineer gets bored and decides to learn LISP or whatever Valve employees do when they’re tired of a project.

1 Like

They made a free demo game for the Steam Deck, but you can play it on PC just fine.

1 Like

I have the Steam Deck on order and will be getting it soon, anyone want me to check anything that they were wondering about please let me know.

2 Likes

one of my coworkers got it and so I got to play around with it a bit, it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like