Show Ideas and Reminders

Maybe do an episode on camping.

1 Like

I am against doing Fire Part 2 for the same reason I’m against Zombies Part 2.

Review Avatar The Last Airbender

1 Like

I’d watch that again. It’s time.

2 Likes

Root: The Underworld expansion.

Or maybe more generally, Root revisited with the new expansion. Overall impressions now that Root is complete.

I’ve played it and I have thoughts, but COVID prevented us from getting more games in.

I mastered teaching Root just in time for COVID.

2 Likes

I managed to master owning Root + all xpacs just in time for quarantine.

1 Like

Review Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise. It’s available on Netflix Japan.

2 Likes

but COVID prevented us from getting more games in.

There’s a vassal module and TTS for Root. Although me and some friends tried to play the vassal module and…somehow broke the game maybe. We like, lost the deck. I suspect it to do with lizard shenanigans, but couldn’t ever confirm.

I have a very low tolerance for bad user interfaces. I basically refuse to play anything on Vassal and would use TTS only when desperate.

I’ve found it depends a lot on the specific module(for either tts or vassal). The root module(for vassal) is…rough. I’ve found other modules I’ve messed around with, namely cuba libre, a lot more pleasant. I do also have a much larger resolution monitor these days, so that helps a lot. Obviously it’s less good then a purpose created app for a specific game(and I do recognize a lot of people even in nicer modules have a lot more trouble then I do, which…is rather frustrating). But it can be…welll ok imo considering otherwise isn’t possible(in some instances), and doesn’t require the network effect of purchases(vassal over tts that is).

then again, this is the show ideas topic not the “talk about tts and vassal” topic.

Review Fall Guys

You’ve never done a Zachlikes episode?

I don’t think Rym has played any.

Really weird. Make him play Spacechem or something.

I’ve played a few of them. They’re aight, but they’re not really my jam. But I can talk about them broadly if we did a show on them. Maybe poke at some of the ones I haven’t tried.

I think you guys should do an episode on Infinity Train. The third season just wrapped on HBO Max. It’s an amazing show.

An episode on how your vocabulary has changed after discovering the negative connotations associated with certain words.

5 Likes

Not a bad Thursday show!