Rick & Morty

So, season 3 premiered tonight on Adult Swim as part of their April Fool schedule.

Watch it now on Adult Swim’s streaming site!

4 Likes

So that was excellent. I was wrong about how some predictions. But was so good I don’t care.

3 Likes

OMG ahahahahaaaa. That was great. ITS BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxzNHRGmhzA

97 more years Morty!

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s a shame, I’d say 4 episodes is definitely enough to know if this show is for you or not.

Agreed. Maybe 5 because Meeseeks and Destroy is a pretty good limitus test for how far it goes in terms of dark humor.

When I show Rick and Morty to a new person I tend to skip around a bit, Meeseeks and Destroy and Rick Potion #9 are my go to ones.

Meeseeks and Destroy is pretty good, but for a few people, I showed them a few specific spoiler scenes to show them there the show is going.

The show really grew on me second season, when they settled into the characters better and used Summer much more effectively.

Good episode for humor:
“Mortynight Run”

Jemaine Clement cameos and sings a song.

Good episode for story/character:
“Auto Erotic Assimilation”

3 Likes

[quote=“SkeleRym, post:12, topic:605”]
“Auto Erotic Assimilation”
[/quote]Especially the last, what, 15 seconds?

I watched 3 episodes and haven’t gone back. I pretty much feel the same way.

1 Like

The love Potion episode is the one I always show people.

I feel like they tone down the belching in the second season a bit, but I can’t remember for certain. I mostly found it annoying in the first season. I honestly don’t really find the show to be that consistent. I think it hits it’s stride a bit more in the second season. Things still miss the mark, but holy shit when they hit they definitely hit. The overarching story is okay, but I don’t really care if it’s there or not.

1 Like

The second season is definitely where the show hits it’s stride. Harmon and Roiland become absolutely genre defining at that point with every episode playing up some type of Twilight Zone type plot or moral quandry.

Rick and Morty is the show I wish Doctor Who could be.

If I had to go with a third episode, it’s Something Ricked This Way Comes. That is some funny shit.

Just speculation it appears that based on the posts, it’s mainly males that enjoy this show vs females. Just an observation. Jason and Kevin from ATW9K keep telling me to keep watching and love the show.

I recall seeing at a PAX that Rick & Morty had a booth for something and it was mainly dudes.

I also am not a fan of the voice acting. I want to punch something for how grating and annoying the kid is.

Emily really likes the show. We watched the season three premiere last night.

1 Like

Fair enough. I wanted to join the fandom, but eh. It’s just not my thing and don’t know if I desire to try to watch again. I regret buying the first season.

1 Like

Morty is Lemongrab. So, yeah.

Unrelated: Rick & Morty had an Over the Garden Wall moment for me early in the show.

When Beatrice starts talking, Wirt says something to the effect of, “birds can’t talk, they don’t have the cerebral capacity for speech.” Beatrice gets mad at him - “hey, I’m right here you know!”

That ~10 second exchange pretty much had me all in. Oh, that’s what kind of show this is going to be.

R&M had a scene where Jerry says “how is Morty supposed to pass his classes when you’re dragging him off on high-concept sci-fi rigamarole?”

That tells me things the show will be about: high-concept sci-fi rigamarole. Things it will not: Morty passing classes. Sold.