Real Life Cooking Mama: Share Your Cooking Projects

If it is a baking competition, I have zero interest in taking part. If it’s about cooking a meal, I’ll be the first involved.

Forget what it tastes like. If it’s a good meal, we’ll just assume the taste is good. Be honest about that. We should judge inventiveness, technical execution, and presentation. It’s about showing off skills and ideas, not taste.

Idea: you need to create a regional dish and have your friends tell you if it is good or not. The twist, you need to be given said dish from a foriegn region.

I tried making no-churn ice cream. I can’t believe how easy it is! Here is what’s left of my batch. (The flavor is cherry walnut.)

Whisk 16 oz. (2 cups) of whipping cream with an electric mixer.

In a separate bowl, combine 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk, 2 teaspoons (10mL) vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Whisk that as well.

Fold half the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture, then fold that mixture back into the remaining whipped cream. Feel free to add in whatever flavors you want. Pour into a bread pan and put in the freezer for 5 hours.

I kept shit talking about how I would make bagels. Not only would I make bagels, but i would do an experiment where I make some with New York City tap water and some with bottled water from the grocery store. Obviously all would be made using the correct NY method of boiling with malt syrup and such.

Well, this weekend I’m going to do it for reals. Not the full experiment, just baking some bagels. I have to perfect my bagel making skills first so that I am very consistent between the two batches when I experiment for reals.

The bagels are proofing overnight in the fridge. No shit talk. Tomorrow boil and bake.

Fish and Chips with sous vide french fries. AMAZING