Random Questions

I try some of those things, like Google Sheets for proper nouns, but am always forgetting plot threads or under-developing characters because I forgot to add something where I meant to. I like the idea of a tool which allows me to intertwine everything in a visible format without having to force tools to do that for me, like with a spreadsheet.

Non-fiction has always came easy to me as I can trivially connect dots where they already exist. Making those dots myself, then connecting them, is where I struggle.

I have never used a writing program myself, just use LibreOffice, but the two I hear are the most popular are Scrivener and Vellum. Vellum is the one I hear the highest praise for in features and utility but itā€™s Mac only for some insane reason. Who makes Mac only software any more?

1 Like

What anime songs should I learn how to play on guitar before busking by Anime Boston on Saturday?

Cruel Angelā€™s Thesis

1 Like

I was just looking at it, Gotta transpose because Bb is a bitch of a key on guitar and Iā€™m not very good at making Gmaj7s. Also Iā€™ll need to bring a lyric sheet cause I only really remember the lyrics to the hook.

Bubblegum Crisis - Mad Machine

Koji Wada - Butterfly.

1 Like

Theme to Trigun. That riff is too badass.

1 Like

I feel like someone on the Internet has done this work already.

Even if they havenā€™t thereā€™s a built in transposition feature on the site I found the chords on.

And itā€™s instrumental! And thereā€™s a tab on Ultimate Guitar!

Also, speaking of awesome anime riff,s gonna work on the Sailor Moon theme.

What can I say, I know you know how I love a big fuzzy guitar sound.

1 Like

Kaze ni Naru from The Cat Returns

This style goes probably beyond reasonable expectations, but I assume there are simpler tabs for it as well, so if you want to go for popularity you could learn ā€œCha-La-Head-Cha-Laā€. Its also a lot of fun for the audience to sing along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5mkFxS6cg

For similar reasons, you could do a pokemon theme.

The Teen Titans Theme by Puffy Ami Yumi

4 Likes

The sad thing is, of all the songs suggested, @chaosof99ā€™s suggestion of the Pokemon theme is probably the only one the con kids would know.

In that case, this is basically all youā€™ll need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OmUatCJRGs

I gotta say I just love me some sweep pickups. Theyā€™re so aesthetically pleasing.

Anyone checked out the new Twilight Zone? The trailers are giving me a weird vibe, like, it just doesnā€™t feel right.

Iā€™m considering looking for greener pastures than Oddball Magazine for my music criticism. Canā€™t post this on FB or Twitter cause my editors are there and Iā€™m not ready to tell them about it yet. What music/culture publications do you guys think I could and would want to write for?

Could try to apply to band camp, start your own blog/podcast where you review things that came out that week, or try another of the larger magazines.