Random Questions

Nope, you’re not alone. I do the same as well. I don’t listen to podcasts during my actual day job that pays the bills as I find it makes it harder for me to concentrate on my tasks, but I do like having them on for the sorts of tasks that you mentioned.

Listening to dialogue works fine when I’m using “other” parts of my brain. Assembling physical things. Playing Slay the Spire. I can’t overlap that with my day job though, which is programming. It turns into a lot of interference.

Someone at work is being a tool and pushing a bunch of blame on me for omitting “crucial” data. Data that is obvious and always omitted per SOP.

In our year of civilization 12019 is it acceptable to lay down Savage memeroasts in a work email? I got some choice Spongebob macros in the chamber ready to drop but I feel like somehow “work emails” require me to always use my grown-up words, even when we’re practically on some playground shit.

Now I’m just going to ignore this one and work it out. But have “active” memes and image macros and other things like that inflitrated your corporate veil or is it all very “Vincent going in to Stock Market today to do a Business”?

It would depend on the nature of your culture, honestly. In,s ay, a Microsoft, I wouldn’t even hint at it. Here, where the latest post in random is this, maybe a bit more.

I find explaining why they’re wrong using plain english in is the most political way to put someone down in a work environment. Dont respond to belligerent behavior in kind because then everyone just see two assholes fighting each other. Be kind and helpful and allow everyone else to see the context of you patiently explaining to a colleague information that they should have learned their first day on the job. As a bonus, in the off chance they were legitimately ignorant and having a bad day you can bask in the Schadenfraude when they apologize to you.

2 Likes

In work email, probably not. In work slack/irc/whatever, have at it (if that’s the way you roll at work.)

In my work slack my icon is Gengar, changed from cubone, changed from Garnet, etc etc etc. It’s meme-y.

I assume this is from the Neon Genesis Evangelion remake? Speaking of, is the remake any good? I was kind of waiting for the remake to be complete, but there’s a big gap between the third one and now.

Bitch Ass Geometric Angel
(more)

Yeah that’s the one.

The first film follows the anime closely then the second one follows it mostly but recontextualises a lot of the events and the third film is just bonkers.

In total I don’t like the remakes, it’s about the fanservice, it’s become more like the power fantasy that the original series contrasted with.

1 Like

I like the first two films well enough because they are close to the series, but with stunning animation in places. The third film disappointed me greatly but I still want to see how the final film wraps it all up.

1 Like

That third film is a trainwreck and I love it.

1 Like

If you like the robot fights in Eva you will like the remakes. All other parts of Eva basically aren’t there.

1 Like

I still don’t think that’s right. I couldn’t even follow the final battle of the third movie, like where were they all in relation to each other? It just skipped from bit to bit, with so many cockpit shots to not be useful.

The first one is basically a remaster of the first 6 episodes. The second remake is a wider departure from the series, covering episodes 7-20 and slashing out about half of the episodes, then really changes it up at the end. The Third one basically goes fully off the rails, in just about all of the ways.

I still haven’t watched any of them. When the fourth one finally arrives in its final form, I will watch all four at once.

1 Like

We should do a watch party. RIT Anime style.

1 Like

I’ve watched the first 1 so far and so far I’m liking it.

Still holds true to the original, but much more polish.

Good polish.

Do you prefer Walk This Way with or without Run DMC?

Run DMC makes everything better.

4 Likes

The project I was working on doing document review and claims processing for a drug liability settlement has wound down and they are reassigning folks to other projects. Instead of being assigned to the new settlement project, I was assigned to help with QC for the firm’s document control and electronic discovery platform. I don’t want to do it, it’s just bug testing and after two training sessions I know I would want to jump out a window in two weeks. What do I do? How do I approach this?

Just go to the person who made this decision and tell them.