R. Scott Bakker - Prince of Nothing Series

The summary is of course exactly enough to remind me of what came before.

I remember

3 Likes

I have to do some extra math on this but according to my Kindle page counts it takes almost 300 pages to get to the Battle of Golgotterath. :confused:

I have no idea what pages are what. I just finished chapter 8 which means I am 23% finished. Base on what I just read, if there’s a battle of Golgotterath, it’s coming real soon.

The arcs of men become scranc.

“Use the KNIFE!”

I know that the forum’s attitude towards spoilers is whatever. I didn’t want to spoil too much and I forgot about the easy “hidden” feature. I am on the mobile app right now.

Edit note: Tried to get the hidden feature to work and I kept messing it up. Sorry

Summary of the final march of the Great Ordeal.

2 Likes

wait ponyo is in the book!? immediately buys and reads (;

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

1 Like

Just finished chapter sixteen. It was OFF THE HOOK. If you are waiting for the good shit to happen, that’s how far you need to read.

1 Like

Chapter 17. Dat inverse fire.

2 Likes

It’s just one payoff after another. O M G

1 Like

Done. Appendix time.

What did I see?

1 Like

Bakker has done a Reddit AMA on r/fantasy and also answered a lot of questions on the Second Apocalypse forum (his username is Cu’jara Cin’moi)

Just finished The Unholy Consult last night and I’m shook. I didn’t realize the last quarter of the ebook was back matter or that there was a third series coming.

Edit: Bakker is interesting in that he hates and fears the fucked up world he made because it’s a reflection of the way he fears our world really is. Horrible things happen but you’re never supposed to think it’s cool or fun: the characters who thrive are are almost uniformly monsters or delusional.

Like, grimdark but not in a way that glorifies the grim darkness of it all.

So much of Prince of Nothing is about people trying (and, largely failing) to impose a just vision on an unjust and arbitrary world.

Which is why I like them so much.

2 Likes

45% through The Unholy Consult and its really not doing it for me. Is it worth pushing through to the end?

1 Like

When shit starts going down, it really goes down.

Also, 45% according to the kindle counter? The book ends at like 70% I think. The rest was appendices.

1 Like

It’s like four chapters too long of meat.

1 Like

There should have been one meat chapter, tops.

Ah. Good to know. Maybe it just feels such a drag because a keep thinking about how much is left over.

1 Like