Queers invade the White CisHet Male safe space

Yeah that was my thoughts as well. Whenever I go into the office I have gender pronoun pin on. Just wondering about emails.

But I don’t think my agency is ready for that stuff anyways. It’s just something to think about, but makes sense about gender discrimination. But if I were a person that goes by anything other than he/him or she/her, I would probably want something like that. Who knows?

My email signature is more or less that as well.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I will. I definitely won’t get in trouble. Then again, I hardly email anyone.

EDIT: Slack has no appropriate place to put pronouns.

My work uses Skype and I can totally put my pronouns there. I always do messages there a lot to let people know whether or not they can IM me. I also leave silly comments here and there that are w/in work standards, for most part.

Edit: woohoo!

2 Likes

I’m not bold enough to do this but my boss is. In your profile in slack there’s a what you do field. While I’ve put System Administrator. My boss has put “There’s no place like 127.0.0.1!” Since you can put whatever you like that seems as good a place as any.

Observe

Yes, this is also me low key showing off my gengar avatar at work.

Gengavatar. Avatengar?

I hate talking about pronouns because I never know what I want

5 Likes

That is totally valid and you can take all the time you need to figure it out.

I’m always worried about screwing up pronouns… Especially in the case of someone who I knew by one pronoun at one point prior to changing their presentation and I reflexively use their prior pronouns… Of course, I am extremely apologetic about it when I do screw up… but I can’t help but feel guilty afterwards.

1 Like

I think that if they’re your friends and reasonable people they will understand that a change in habit is not instantaneous and slip ups occur. The fact that you feel bad about it is evidence enough that you truly care and respect them. I have friends who went from he/him to they/them and from she/her to he/him and I have screwed up on occasion. We’re human, it happens.

2 Likes

At least our first and second person pronouns have been neutral for effectively forever. Face-to-face conversations that don’t involve third parties can often be a lot easier, and the two people can bring up pronouns if and when it’s appropriate without having to make a judgement call in advance.

2 Likes

Playing with wigs to see if I want long hair.

10 Likes

Oh wow. I think you look great in long hair. +1 wings from me. Then again I’m biased and love long hair in general. (growing mine again)

I’m a huge fan of this shoulder length wig, I think it frames my face just right and the color is :fire::fire:

8 Likes

Love you all looking cute & posting selfies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

BONUS SELFIE

6 Likes

:egg:

/15 characters of mental state

1 Like

god damn it stop making me think about such things

Sorry, I finished my rewatch of Buffy and that left me extra dysphoric. Blame my want to essentially polymorph into Willow.

3 Likes

HRT is really kicking in on the physical side of things. I am so curvy already and it’s only been 4 months on estrogen.

5 Likes

Got a makeover from Bruce Springsteen’s former makeup artist.
EDIT: @Naoza this is what I was talking about yesterday.

7 Likes