PAX South 2019

I am in planning mode for 2019 anyone want to split a hotel room?

Update: Room has been acquired in the Contessa will do 2-3 additional people if anyone wants to split.

I booked flights. Iā€™ll have to check my records, but they might have been the cheapest ever? Maybe because I didnā€™t pay $60 for the privilege of picking my seat.

Seems like this South theyā€™re trying to do some kind of ARG.

Also that True Dungeon thing is doing something different. You can still wait in line and get a free experience, but itā€™s just a 24 minute demo. They are also doing 2 hour adventures, but you have to pay money for tickets in advance. No waiting, though.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Pre PAX gaming anyone?

Iā€™m OK with it. But, thereā€™s a line.

Right now, the line is somewhere like:

Big installation event with extreme participation limits and significant scale
THE LINE
Workshops (exception for materials)
Main Events
Panels
Gaming Areas
Expo Hall
General PAX
etcā€¦

In this case Iā€™m actually not so concerned about the PAX go-er who has to buy a ticket to do the dungeon. Iā€™m more concerned about the person who only wants to do the dungeon being forced to buy a PAX South badge AND a dungeon ticket.

Even though I donā€™t care at all about this dungeon thing, I think itā€™s cool that South has its own popular special thing the other PAXes donā€™t have. I kinda hope they donā€™t bring it to other PAXes.

True Dungeon is using PAXā€™s space, so Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s the problem. Works the same way at Gen Con, although thereā€™s no free preview version there.

Call me when PAX is selling out.

Also, unlike the youtube streamers, this is the kind of thing where a person who bought a PAX badge just for the dungeon is highly likely to at least explore the rest of PAX.

The problem is that GenCon is no good, and PAX shouldnā€™t emulate it.

1 Like

This is exactly how TD ran at South last year. The first year was demo-only. The big difference this year is that the adventure tickets went from $30-something to $50-something. I took a crew of 10 Enforcers through last year and while the game itself is a bit janky, it was a fun team experience. No way I would ever go in at north of $50.

Theyā€™re up to 10ā€½ It used to be 6, then it got rough with 8.

Yup, they sell 10 tickets per session. As much as it sucks to have to coordinate that many people on a run, the only thing worse would be not buying out the run and having randos join.

Once, I was that rando, and it turned out fine. And once, the rando joined us. He was a True Dungeon collector with binders of tokens who loaded us up with amazing equipment for the run.

And once, I was part of a group that had one player ask to leave during the run because he wasnā€™t having any fun, and leave he did.

My panel is on the schedule, Friday night from 9-10:30 at the Armadillo theatre. My hybrid lecture/gameshow will take place. Now to buy the prizesā€¦

New badge design.

http://south.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/pa-secret-announcement-holder

Wild guess: Strip Search 2.

Iā€™m gonna guess PAX Europa.

Here is the Q&A Form

Learn & Play is taking on RPGs now. Interesting first pick, though. For the Queen isnā€™t out yet (soon?), but Iā€™ve heard itā€™s pretty good.

http://south.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/learn-play-intro-to-indie-rpgs