PAX East 2019

This part I actually do like - my favorite part about working Main theater is the entrance/exit post.

On Thursday I made the mistake of wearing a red shirt. I was mistaken for an Enforcer at least 5 times. But Iā€™d been around PAX long enough that I was able to answer every question asked of me anyway.

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to take a very, very strong case to get me to NOT purchase a Quest ASAP.

I watched an adult cry a little at how powerful the experience was.

I watched a someone visibly shiver when a whale swam past her in the demo.

VR, even in this early stage, is powerful.

1 Like

I had never done anything in VR before, and when I played Space Pirate Trainer at MAGFest, which if Iā€™m being honest, is really just a glorified tech demo, I was just amazed at how immersive it was and felt. Like when I was holding the energy shield and one of the enemyā€™s lasers would it it, it would vibrate like there really had been an impact. Even as bare bones as that game was, it was immersive enough to fully convince me that I was there.

VR Chat takes that feeling to a whole new level. Those other people are there, in the room with you. Itā€™s startling to take the helmet off. Itā€™s startling to not be able to touch them.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s available for the Playstation yet unfortunately, but Iā€™m very interested in an Occulus Quest now.

There is nothing quite like flying an airplane in VR.

Beatsaber is also fantastic :wink:

VR Chat is a Quest launch title.

1 Like

How can a title that has already launched be a launch title?

1 Like

Launch title for the headset. Remember Quest has a completely different compute than PC VR, so itā€™s not just a matter of taking a binary and moving it over.

I had several people comment that it was ā€œreally kinda weirdā€ (In a way they couldnā€™t otherwise describe) after getting back to reality.

Itā€™s big. VR Chat doesnā€™t work with Oculus Go. Quest will open up a huge player base.

Iā€™d legit hang out with all of you in VR Chat. Itā€™s intensely real.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36nrTPVNTA