Now that Donald Trump has Won

It’s a drop in the bucket compared to the high value-per-dollar the services he’s cutting provide.

The cost of cutting them will be orders of magnitude high than any money “saved” by underfunding. Those cuts would be an unmitigated disaster for decades to come.

Trump’s pick for the Department of Energy has completely changed his stance on abolishing it.

Edit: Also, he believes in global warming now.

Unsurprising when you realize he just this week found out it’s responsible for the nukes.

Not sure if this goes in the learning or not-learning column for the Trump administration.

To be fair, someone who’s had to work with Trump must know a thing or two on how to handle nuclear waste.

1 Like

US GDP is 16.7 Trillion

It spends about 3.7 Trillion a year and takes in about 3.25 Trillion in taxes.

Outstanding US debt is something like 80 percent of GDP, which isn’t terrific but failed states usually have anywhere from 200% to 300% debt.

Those statistics are pretty meaningless, given that failed states end up with high government debt as a result of state failure, rather than the state failing as a result of high government debt.

2 Likes

$10T? I only saw it as $10B, which is only about 0.3% of the $3T yeary budget if I didn’t mess up my math.

On a side note, as a secular Government why is there a Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service?
It doesn’t seem to be required but only started by Roosevelt and continued for no particular reason that I can understand.

It’s a matter of national insecurity.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be facetious or stupid, is there a reason, do people approve or disapprove, what is the consensus? I’m going to assume that the attitude is different by state and person but correct me if if I’m wrong.

I think most people don’t even know it happens. I didn’t until just now.

1 Like

I strongly disapprove in any semblance of superstition at any state event or in the course of any state action.

2 Likes

Me today.

$10T over 10 years is still a Trillion a year, right now the budget deficit is about a half billion. If they plan more tax cuts or repeal Obamacare it could go as high as a Trillion per year.

Wasn’t sure if thing of the day or this thread.

https://youtu.be/kR1ehEGH5WY

1 Like

This is the first of these type of extensions that I’m considering installing, it’s subtle.

1 Like

@SkeleRym what happened to that project ST you were talking about right after the election?

1 Like

Well, we’re off to a rousing start as the Trump administration has wiped all references to climate change from the White House. Instead elimination of the Climate Action Plan has become official White House policy. The LGBT Workplace Rights Report, and the sections on Equal Pay and Social Progress have also been wiped from the White House website.

Everything is fucked.

1 Like

Other people made almost the exact same thing, and it would have ended up being at best divisive of the effort. I’m rolling with the faster movers instead.