Now that Donald Trump has Won

Listening to all the prognosticators was clouding up my judgement before. I think the Democrats will choke at the half, Trump will go the distance, finish out his term, and run again. It is hard to see how he is going to be prosecuted for anything.

Folks, please explain to me what is going on… I am extremely frightened and having panic attacks over every bit of news that comes out.

It feels like my life is in imminent danger and that our government won’t exist long enough to even vote in 2018.

Please, someone help.

2 Likes

[quote=“DemoWeasel, post:579, topic:125”]
Folks, please explain to me what is going on… I am extremely frightened and having panic attacks over every bit of news that comes out.
[/quote]Shit’s fucked, the US government is largely in disarray, people are fighting back and helping each other. You are probably not in personal imminent danger, and the US government is surprisingly robust, even if the current administration collapses under it’s own incompetence, the government will remain, and things will proceed. Much like a pet rock, will be hard, but it will live. You are surrounded by friends who can help and protect you. I’m not going to say don’t worry - but, like, worry a reasonable amount, not too much.

14 Likes

There is so much hyperbole going around from people and that is doing a lot to trigger my anxiety… Level-headed picture painting of the situation helps like with what you did.

It’s when I see stuff like “America is dead/ruined/fucked!!!” that my brain starts flaring up and I start freaking out. :frowning:

1 Like

Honestly, I doubt any impeachment efforts will happen until the mid term elections. Only when the republicans see the damage of Trump costing them seats in the House, will they finally let impeachment move forward.

1 Like

The proposition that we have some 600 more days of this shit until the next Congressional term starts is pretty terrifying, though.

1 Like

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation.

1 Like

Which moves us from “maybe attempted obstruction of justice” to “very definitely attempted obstruction of justice.” It’s a shame nothing matters.

1 Like

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has invited former FBI Director James Comey to testify publicly at a Senate hearing, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday.

1 Like

Comey’s going to testify in public next Wednesday.

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have special counsel.

3 Likes

Meanwhile Trump has added Sheriff David Clarke to his administration because apparently he thought that he didn’t have enough psychopaths in his administration already. I am not too familiar with Clarke but everything I read about this guy makes me want to puke. The guy thinks habeas corpus should be suspended. Just WTF.

And in the last few hours we can turn to news that Flynn worked to prevent military operations which Turkey didn’t like and that the Trump transition team knew he was under investigation the entire goddamn time.

What a fucking day.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDG-ru6PTQ

1 Like

That would mean something if he had a R before the “-TX” instead of a D.

At least he has the balls to do it, why isn’t everyone doing this. He’s broken all the rules and everyone is like, “he just broke all those laws, lets see what happens next while we burn”.

Contempt of Congress. Nice.

FWIW, he’s a southern democrat, those are both relatively rare and heavily reliant on relationships rather than principal. Simply put D-Texas means more in this case than D-Connecticut.

3 Likes

Jason Chaffetz is reportedly going to resign from Congress effective June 30th. That is totally not suspicious at all. One way or another good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope he fails in everything he attempts for the rest of his life.