Now that Donald Trump has Won

Wasn’t really sure where to put this, but it fits here.

Also can be titled terrible people are terrible, but also that the misogynists on reddit and sf and 4chan aren’t just teenagers who are angry and trying to figure out who they are.

Silver-lining, investigative journalism isn’t dead, nice to be reminded of that every once and a while.

Actually that’s not true, A southern democrat is just one who come form the few districts which have been heavily jerrymandered to favor the democrats overwhelmingly, even a state like Texas has to make a few Democratic districts in order to ensure that they maximize the republican ones.

Usually these are ultra safe districts for democrats.

1 Like

This warms my heart

4 Likes

I draw your attention to the second sentence of the first paragraph.

1 Like

This has been an interesting week. Now the photos and reports from Trump’s big trip are just surreal.

8 Likes

This is just incredible:

"Netanyahu calls out, “Intelligence cooperation is terrific!”

Then Trump offers up his own off-script pronouncement. “Just so you understand,” he says, quieting the press, “just so you understand — I never mentioned the word or the name Israel in conversation. Never mentioned it.” As he’s talking, a clearly horrified Netanyahu’s eyes dart everywhere.

“They are all saying I did,” Trump continues, unaware. “Never mentioned the word Israel.”

But actually no one had said Trump used the word “Israel.” The reports only said that during a visit in the Oval Office, Trump had casually discussed highly classified intelligence with the Russians that, it turns out, had been from Israel — and thus shouldn’t have been disclosed to the Russians without getting Israel’s permission first.

And no one in either administration — Israel’s or the United States’ — had officially confirmed the intelligence was in fact from Israel.

That is, until Trump seems to have done so just now."

Just incredible. I’ve not watched the video, as I try to avoid any unfiltered input from Trump’s mouth and body. But seriously… incredible.

4 Likes

I keep saying, House of Cards is in real trouble now that actual American politics is so utterly amazingly fucked that no plot point in that show is even remotely shocking or outrageous.

11 Likes

And on a smaller scale, Veep.

3 Likes

Not only that, but Trump has done out of sheer incompetence and bombast what Underwood could only do with Machiavellian machinations and years of manipulation of the system. I mean, come on Frank, it’s not that hard.

3 Likes

A sinkhole opened up on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

Twitter had a good laugh about it.

2 Likes

I am imagining a crudely painted sign with bad spelling and backwards letters that says “Hawt wominz and Russian $$$ in heer” with an arrow pointing down in the hole, like a Bugs Bunny cartoon trap.

Well this doesn’t bode well.

Seems that Trump isn’t the only one with loose lips when it comes to intelligence briefings.

So, Montana republican candidate Greg Gianforte just body-slammed and possibly punched a reporter from The Guardian. Multiple witnesses, including a Fox News TV crew(who surprisingly aren’t trying to spin it, at least at the time of this post) and a Buzzfeed news reporter. Campaign released a statement saying the reporter grabbed Candidate Gianforte first, Witnesses have disputed this, and guardian pretty much immediately released the audio that indicates otherwise.

I would not discount the possibility of him still winning the race.

There was an exceptionally good tweet I saw recently: When the fascists come they’ll be screaming “NERDS!”.

:cry: /twentycharacters

Ok so usually I’m totally cool with the 20 character thing but when I simply want to express my dissatisfaction, my usual solution of just like the post rather than replying doesn’t work.

[quote=“Raithnor, post:612, topic:125”]
I would not discount the possibility of him still winning the race.
[/quote]Are you kidding? The Sherrif’s department wasn’t even considering charges. Still might not. Surprise Surprise, the Sheriff is a big donor to his campaign.

Oh, and it also turns out Gianforte not only has a history of donations to white nationalist groups, he’s also supported right-wing extremist groups.

Well the other problem is that Montana has absentee voting (considering how rural and remote most of Montana is. some 60% of the voters have already voted.

Lieberman has removed himself from consideration for FBI director.

1 Like

Gianforte’s been charged with misdemeanor assault, for the record.