Now that Donald Trump has Won

http://images5.aplus.com/uc-up/5c9a75bb-5830-4ae5-8d91-d391c00b4105/5c9a75bb-5830-4ae5-8d91-d391c00b4105.inline_yes

Obviously take this with a grain of salt, but it largely holds up.

Eh. Not a fan of the editorializing on that image, which has an insanely huge middle-of-the-road bias.

Also Fox News “Meets high standards” wtf.

1 Like

What’s “Basic AF”?

AF usually stands for “as fuck” in “kids these days” speak. Not sure exactly what level of journalism is quantified by “Basic as fuck,” but I’m assuming it’s on the level of “reports things at their basic level without any additional commentary or insight.”

I could be giving it too much credit, though. Perhaps there is a slang meaning to “Basic” with which I am unfamiliar.

1 Like

Well, it does when compared to InfoWars, Breitbart, Addicting Info, etc. It may also be somewhat better if you filter out their opinion programming (which is probably on the order of 90% of their programming) and just look at their straight up news stuff.

Also, “high standards” may be a bit wishy-washy. Looking at the axis, it may be with how much information/detail is provided as part of the story as opposed to its journalistic value. It does put Fox right on the line between “skews conservative but still reputable” and “questionable journalistic value,” which, I’d say is probably pretty close to the mark. Some of their reporting is fairly decent, especially if it’s something apolitical.

[quote=“Nuri, post:212, topic:125”]
Perhaps there is a slang meaning to “Basic” with which I am unfamiliar.
[/quote]There is. I can only remember hearing it as part of “basic bitch”, but apparently one can be “basic AF” too.

Something like an abortion gag should not be party-centric at all unless all political parties are males. Oh wait.
And now they’re great again.

Also exporting to the US is going to be detrimental, might as well just focus on the rest of the world. Plus manufacturing all within the US? Catching up to Asia is going to be kind of difficult considering even the boutique manufacturers in the US cannot produce quality that is comparable.

He’s got his wall! He made a trade wall and is super protectionist, it’s like a mini Putin. On the upside, if manufacturing is made possible in the US at least you will build up enough infrastructure to compete with some low to mid volume manufacturing countries.

No Pacific Rim policy no help when the Kaiju attack.

/#AmericaFirst

That’s not really different from what I said… thought I guess maybe if they add commentary or insights that have a heavy slant but are not subtle about the slant they put on it, that could be considered “Basic AF?”

The adjective is ‘basic’. Adding anything to the end is just the noun for basic.

Trump admin orders EPA contract freeze and media blackout
Well this is a scary precedent.

Horrifying is only the first word to of many that come to mind for the actions in the first four days.

The Trump administration has now promised that not only will it build the border wall, but also “detention spaces” for undocumented immigrants. It has also said it will publish a list of crimes purportedly committed by illegal immigrants on a weekly basis. Oh yeah and it says that torture “totally works” as an interrogation technique. But they’re not a racist totalitarian regime. Oh yeah, and he threatened the city of Chicago with martial law yesterday. But now they don’t shut down all EPA publications. Instead they’re will have to pass through a political review before being released, which is of course totally not something straight out of 1984.

Seriously, fuck this shit. How did so many fucking americans say “eh, I’m totally okay if Trump gets into power”, and even worse how can anyone actively support this unhuman slime that is Trump and his cronies.

America is fucked unless this is stopped like immediately. I just hope these assholes don’t take the world down with them too.

Unfortunately, there are a significant number of Americans who, frankly, are stupid, evil, and/or just don’t care. That’s what’s going on here…

So yeah, Lisbon is nice… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just invade us.

Please.

I just want New York State to secede and join Canada.

1 Like

Can New England tag along?

That EU citizenship looks awful tempting. Give me a few months working on my Italian and my first home may be in Palermo rather than NY

Don’t join Canada. Join Mexico. Then he’ll build a wall on our border.

3 Likes