Now That Donald Trump Has Lost

I can’t wait for the court case where someone tries to say that being a NAZI is a ‘conservative idea’

1 Like

Evergreen:

9 Likes

I’m suddenly reminded of that panel where a bunch of white dudes were asking “why can’t white people say the n word”

3 Likes

The Good Fight is such a smart and enjoyable show and Delroy Lindo is fantastic in it!

This is a really interesting take, and not one you read that often, from a Black Conservative who would vote for Republicans, if not for their racism.

It is voters like him that make it very hard for very progressive candidates to win the Democratic primaries and the general election, and why someone like Joe Biden has such strong support among Black voters:

“I would be a Republican if it weren’t for the Republicans.”

“Many African American Christians are conservative in their beliefs, especially African American Christians living in the Deep South. I was born, raised, educated and still live in one of the reddest of red states: Mississippi. Like many churchgoing African Americans across the South, I agree with Republican rhetoric extolling low taxes, not depending on the government, working hard for what you get and living within your means.”

“Many of us even agree with Republicans on matters such as immigration and abortion. We hear Republicans say they are a “big tent” party and that they are welcoming to all people. But are they really?”

“Between now and November 2022, if Republican candidates came to our neighborhoods to conduct town hall meetings, to support our businesses, to visit our community centers and our churches to speak to the congregation, you just might see African Americans giving the Republican Party a fresh look. I would be among them. But the way things stand now? No way.”

And if you think this opinion writer is an outlier or an aberration, according to the Pew Research Center:

“More black Democratic voters continue to characterize their views as moderate rather than liberal. In 2019, 43% of black Democrats called themselves moderate, 29% called themselves liberal and 25% called themselves conservative.

3 Likes

EDIT:

1 Like

Now that Donald Trump has lost, his worshippers will tear down the institutions that refused to serve his whims.

Experts Call It A ‘Clown Show’ But Arizona ‘Audit’ Is A Disinformation Blueprint How Arizona's Ballot Audit Is A Disinformation Exercise : NPR

1 Like

Even without Trump, Abbott still wants the wall.

1 Like

Wait… The GOP is saying this?!

1 Like

Holy Shit.

1 Like

And there’s going to be a select House committee to investigate the coup attempt, since the Republican Senate refuses to act.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I absolutely love this tidbit:

The Trump Org CFO allegedly kept an Excel file documenting all of the off-the-books payments and perqs in order to decrease salaries dollar-for-dollar.

2 Likes

The Wire has a quote for almost any situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7M71wmwWRo

2 Likes

Now that Donald Trump has lost, his evil survives. The bar for ethics is now lower than ever.