Now That Donald Trump Has Lost

Lara Trump has joined Fox News.
lol

Now that Donald Trump has lost, Matt Gaetz has lost his strongest protector.

2 Likes

Is this the new normal we have to live with (especially in DC)?

"A Capitol Police officer was killed and a second officer was injured after being rammed by a vehicle at the U.S. Capitol on Friday, the acting chief of the Capitol Police said. The suspect was shot and killed.

“The suspect exited the vehicle with a knife in hand” and “lunged” at the officers, said the chief, Yogananda D. Pittman.

At least one of the officers was medevacked to a hospital, according to one of the officials, and a National Guard quick-response team and the local police were on hand at the already heavily fortified complex. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a rapidly unfolding security incident.

It was the most serious security threat at the Capitol complex since the deadly Jan. 6 attack that injured dozens and killed five people."

1 Like

it’s the new normal until the US takes white supremacy seriously as a homegrown threat

5 Likes
3 Likes

I didn’t read the whole article, but just the first two paragraphs were enough for me chef’s kiss :man_cook: :kiss:!

"In his 76 years on earth, Rudy Giuliani has had a lot of really bad days. There was the day he showed up in a scene from Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan with his hands down his pants. There was the day his hair dye malfunctioned in the middle of a press conference. There was the day he mistook Four Seasons Total Landscaping, the one next to the crematorium and sex toy shop, for the actual Four Seasons. There was the day he discovered that he’d been screwing his second cousin for 14 years.

All of these days were really bad! Yet it appears they were just a prelude to the actual worst day of Rudy Giuliani’s life, which arguably happened today, when the feds raided his home and office as part of a criminal investigation."

3 Likes

People, like Rym, always assume companies have done all kinds of research and studies and make decisions based upon what they have empirically proven will be the most profitable. I don’t believe most corporations are that smart, and here is a clear example.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, these companies are run by individuals with big fucking egos who think they know better than data

3 Likes

So true, I’ve seen this happen so many times personally.

I’m not about to watch the video, but this is an interesting image:

“I Thought This was an Animatronic at First”

1 Like

In a few years it’ll be the same scene, but set in a Cracker Barrel off of I-40

1 Like
1 Like

Not necessarily related, but I just need to ramble and this reminded me.

Just left my job Friday after three and a half years at a place, fifteen years basically working for the same guy. At the new job/business he negotiated the deal, made the contacts that provided the money and had the connections to the customers. So he did “something” right. But he has developed a weird world view where he stopped listening to people with other different skills. He’s also drifting more conservative every day and getting more and more “protective” of information. Like he seems to think he could have prevented me from quitting if he just didn’t tell me things that I would have been aware of anyway.

Specifically, in my case, I noticed a major problem with our design three years ago that was just technically incorrect. Like basic adding of a customer taking 17 seconds. I built a demo then to show how to fix the issue, down to 400 ms, which there might have even been improvements there still to be made, but obviously meaningful. He took it as a personal attack. I tried to get the issue fixed again three months later. Six months later. Two years later. We’re finally at the point we are attempting to spin up tenants with 2000 customers, and our entire system is untenable because of the problems and the stupid work arounds we’ve done for the problems… and I’m just tired of dealing with it. We were doing some stuff that “works” but shouldn’t be necessary turning thousands of requests into async processes for very basic things and only displaying the first five lines of results on most pages as workarounds. Completely psychotic fix for what should have been fixed (and caused less code to be needed to be written) if he would just have listened to me. Just was not worth the mental stress honestly.

I could detail the specifics more precisely if people cared about them for the technical problem and my… several… potential solutions to it. Not sure how interesting that would be.

2 Likes

https://www.axios.com/susan-collins-reelection-investigation-finance-scheme-11280676-b9f6-480d-a47f-c33f3f7ab4ca.html

EDIT:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/18/politics/new-york-attorney-general-trump-organization-criminal-probe

We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the organization is no longer purely civil in nature. We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA.
1 Like