Notable Deaths

There was news some days ago that Noam Chomsky had a stroke. There is now lots of buzz going around that he has passed. It may be likely that this is the case, but it has not been reported by any trustworthy source. Indeed, I checked and the Wikipedia editors seem to agree with me. Some places may have published their pre-written obituaries prematurely.

His wife Valeria apparently confirmed to a number of journalists that it’s fake. Apparently, it was based on a tweet from one woman who had “Heard from acquaintances” that he’d died, and some smaller, less reliable outlets ran with it first, followed by some bigger players. He is, as best we currently know, still alive.

Willie Mays

2 Likes

RIP to a real legend. As far as baseball greats, I always thought Willie Mays was just the coolest as a person. He made the mistake of continuing to play a few extra years as his powers diminished. I think that hurt him a bit in the eyes of the baseball nerds that just care about stats and such.

That doesn’t matter to me. If you asked me yesterday which living current or former MLB player I would want to hang out with, the answer was Willie Mays, and it wasn’t even close.

RIP Donald Sutherland. Talented actor and generally good and cool person.

4 Likes

Memes

2 Likes

https://itrwrestling.com/news/wwe-hall-of-famer-sika-anoai-father-of-roman-reigns-passes-away-at-age-79/ Beyond being the son of Roman Reigns, he is part of a Samoan cornerstone in pro wrestling, along with his brother Afa and Peter Maivia.

Add to that the many wrestlers he trained in his WXW promotion, and this man does leave a legacy in pro wrestling.

2 Likes

RIP Col. Mustard.

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Well… This was the last thing I expected to see today.
Or several years, in fact. R.I.P.

NHL star player Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew were killed by a drunk driver yesterday while biking in New Jersey. They were scheduled to be groomsmen at their sister’s wedding today.

What an absolute tragedy. Fuck this, fuck cars, and especially fuck drunk drivers.

R.I.P. and my condolences to the family.

I saw this yesterday, but it wasn’t confirmed yet. Absolutely horrific.

Drunk drivers and cars in general remain a horrific plague.

An average of 37 people die every day in America due to drunk driving specifically.