Notable Deaths

I saw him perform live in his early days. My mom was a big fan. He did local shows around Detroit a ton.

1 Like

Every time I saw him on TV his act was so good.

1 Like

That’s so crazy. I hadn’t thought about The Amazing Johnathan in years. But a few weeks ago I was reminded about him and I looked him up to see what he was up to. Apparently he was touring as recently as just before Covid.

Mark Lanegan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2022/02/23/screaming-trees-mark-lanegan-dead/

ugh, this one hits me a bit, I saw them when they were on the lollapalooza tour in … 96?

1 Like

Weirdly expected and not expected at the same time. He was surprisingly young for dying of a heart attack, but he was also famous for his somewhat erratic behavior and constant vices. Weird dude. Bloody good cricketer though.

1 Like

Pro Wrestler Scott Hall has been taken off of life support. He underwent hip surgery last week, then suffered three heart attacks a couple of days ago and was put into a coma.

Despite never winning a major world title, he is a highly influential wrestler. He became first notable for portraying the character of Razor Ramon, a heel character in the early 90s inspired by the film Scarface. He was also one of the innovators of the ladder match, famously in two matches against Shawn Michaels. With Michaels, Kevin Nash, HHH and Sean Waltman he also formed the notorious “Kliq”, a group of friends that hung out together and had major backstage influence.

Hall’s biggest claim to fame is him and Nash jumping ship to WCW in the mid 90s, where he under his real name first formed the Outsiders with Nash and later the nWo faction. The exodus of Hall and Nash also lead to the infamous Curtain Call incident, which is considered the death knell of kayfabe, the agreement among wrestlers to never break character in front of the general public.

Later in life Hall suffered from substance abuse and other health issues but overcame them generally until the sudden fall that broke his hip two weeks ago and made surgery necessary.

R.I.P. to the Bad Guy.

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Much hated billionaire sports team owner dead, proving once again confirming that money cant’ save you, and you can’t take it with you.

RIP to a legend.

3 Likes

Younger than I would have guessed for someone in Aladdin 30 years ago.