Notable Deaths

An article I did not expect to read today:

That…was really good, and the author really nails what it is about Meat Loaf’s music and lyrics that appeal to so many - at least, to me. Metal can be similar - making light of your absurdities by fully embracing them. The earnest passion with which he sang absolutely ridiculous sentiments made it all very human.

And then he was a fuck, in the ultimate irony.

I have no idea how widespread this sentiment is among butch lesbians, but it was at least a good read.

1 Like

Hockey Hall of Fame member Clark Gillies.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I get the impression that’s all he could do. The army of audio and stage people around him basically used him as an instrument. Outside of that he was a weird weird dude.

PJ O’Rourke.

2 Likes

I saw him perform live in his early days. My mom was a big fan. He did local shows around Detroit a ton.

1 Like

Every time I saw him on TV his act was so good.

1 Like

That’s so crazy. I hadn’t thought about The Amazing Johnathan in years. But a few weeks ago I was reminded about him and I looked him up to see what he was up to. Apparently he was touring as recently as just before Covid.

Mark Lanegan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2022/02/23/screaming-trees-mark-lanegan-dead/

ugh, this one hits me a bit, I saw them when they were on the lollapalooza tour in … 96?

1 Like

Weirdly expected and not expected at the same time. He was surprisingly young for dying of a heart attack, but he was also famous for his somewhat erratic behavior and constant vices. Weird dude. Bloody good cricketer though.

1 Like