Notable Deaths

Before there was Target, before there was Wal-Mart, there was Caldor.

Old people from the Northeastern US like me know. Spent some good time int he toy aisle there.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: This is Google

Meat Loaf has died.

4 Likes

I feel some guilt as if I caused this with psychic powers. I saw a Rocky Horror / Tim Curry interview on YouTube somewhat recently and thought “Haven’t heard from Meat Loaf in a long time. Hmm, I bet the next time we hear about him will be his demise…” RIP.

2 Likes

Every time I ever thought of Meat Loaf in the past couple decades, it was in the context of “he’s still alive?”

I love the shit out of his music and always have, but he was not a particularly good person. I read his autobiography long long ago and… Let’s just say he has thoughts on who killed JFK.

2 Likes

His name is Robert Paulson.

3 Likes

Louie Anderson has passed and I’ll share this interview that indicates a bit of why I liked him.

2 Likes

According to the Internet, he died of COVID - after being a staunch anti-masker and anti-vaxxer.

“Never meet your heroes” indeed.

All the same, goddamn that man could belt.

2 Likes

Does it rhyme with the proper name for the benches in a church?

An article I did not expect to read today:

That…was really good, and the author really nails what it is about Meat Loaf’s music and lyrics that appeal to so many - at least, to me. Metal can be similar - making light of your absurdities by fully embracing them. The earnest passion with which he sang absolutely ridiculous sentiments made it all very human.

And then he was a fuck, in the ultimate irony.

I have no idea how widespread this sentiment is among butch lesbians, but it was at least a good read.

1 Like

Hockey Hall of Fame member Clark Gillies.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I get the impression that’s all he could do. The army of audio and stage people around him basically used him as an instrument. Outside of that he was a weird weird dude.

PJ O’Rourke.

2 Likes