Movie News

There is no old thread for this apparently.

Of all Jeff Lemire’s works, I never thought that Underwater Welder would be the one to get movie treatment. Not only that, but the names attached to the project…

2 Likes

Zack Snyder has stepped down from Justice League following a family tragedy. (My condolences.)

Who’s taking over for Snyder? Joss Whedon.

0 Likes

Fox’s upcoming X-Men film New Mutants will be a horror movie.

0 Likes

Strange, way to go about it, and here I was hoping they would do the Demon Bear Saga :-p Still Fox has been doing better with it’s properties when it tries to do different things with them. So I’m cautiously hopeful.

0 Likes

Terry Gilliam’s long-shelved movie is finally coming out soon. The Man Who Killed Don Quixote has finished shooting.

Read up on the movie’s development hell.

0 Likes

Fuck yeah! Me want!

1 Like

I didn’t realize the 4:3 release was open matte. That’s making me want to see if that version is worth a watch.

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Michael Bay and his cronies are no longer involved in the Transformers movies.

0 Likes

0 Likes

1 Like

0 Likes

Good. This ECU shit has got to stop. Only Marvel can do it right.

0 Likes

A live-action Akira film has been in talks for years, and some interesting news came to light via its director (who has also recently done Thor: Ragnarok). He wants to avoid the “whitewashing” problem and cast Japanese actors, and he wants to stick closer to the manga.

2 Likes

0 Likes

Michael Bay is about to make the greatest film in his career.

0 Likes

Justice League is getting absolutely murdered by the reviewers. Not really surprising considering by all accounts they made a bad movie and then proceeded to cut it to the bones to boot and requiring tons of reshoots. Supposedly the CGI is also kind of crap.

0 Likes

Also, Rotten Tomatoes deliberately withheld the Tomatometer rating of the movie before release. It was quickly revealed later to be at 48%.

Considering Warner Bros. is a co-owner of RT, that brings up some serious questions regarding conflicts of interest.

0 Likes

0 Likes