Movie News

Barts-comet

Dad, I’m scared.

1 Like

Update: Check out the user reviews for The Shape of Water. I think we can confirm that there are bots on RT.

(By the way, clicking on these users’ profiles brings up a “Page Not Found” message.)

World of Tomorrow Episode 2 is out! Rent it on Vimeo for $5.

Also, here’s the original, in case you haven’t seen it.

Fuck those bots. Shape of Water was amazing.

1 Like

Warner Animation Group strikes deal to make new Dr. Seuss movies.

Thank god. Universal has defiled his grave too many times already.

1 Like

My cousin has picked up the role of Anastasia in the live-action remake. It looks like it’s a little off the rails because she ends up travelling in time to the 1980’s. But fingers crossed it’ll be be good.

http://www.konbini.com/us/entertainment/anastasia-live-action-remake/

2 Likes

I’d heard about the new Anastasia movie a couple years back. It’s not a remake of the Don Bluth movie–it’s an entirely different adaptation of the story.

Stop-motion director Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline) is back with a new project with Jordan Peele!

1 Like

Man, this is a bummer. He was one of my favorite directors at Disney. He’ll be missed.

3 Likes

This comic is the best, hope the adaptations don’t suck. It should be an easy one to pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3BiUMUkc4

So, the screenwriter for DreamWorks’ Shrek and Disney’s Aladdin and Pirates of the Caribbean just outed himself on Twitter as an anti-vaxxer and a racist.

1 Like
1 Like

“We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date"

Why the fuck would you ever not do this? But besides the point, do people even give a shit about user reviews in this day and age? I cant think of a single piece of media anyone would rely on the fans for honest opinions. If it’s got a shitload of bad reviews then trolls are review bombing it. If it’s got overwhelming positive reviews its from the kind of hype a million dollars in marketing can buy. I personally have only ever used user reviews to see if there’s just some blatant fault with the product, like not actually what is advertised on Amazon or if it’s no longer supported by the developers

1 Like

The only “user reviews” I care about reading/hearing/etc., are those by friends, relatives, etc., and other people I generally trust and respect, not those by random internet fuckwads.