Monster Hunter Worlds

Yeah, that entire quest chain is basically “Something more annoying itnerrupts you in mid-fight.”

I think that chciken fucker interrupts your Great Jagas hunt, then gets munched by the Anginath.

Is that a Barroth I see off on the right? I love that fucker!

That sounds like the 3U chain with Picklesaurus interruptus. Good times, good times.

Oh yeah, it’s annoying. Especially when it switches your quest target - nothing like arming up for electric fang lizard and suddenly the quest changes in the middle so that instead you’re hunting rolly bone lad.

It is! They make you fight him on either the next quest or the quest after, as an introduction to status ailments(rather than just pure hp damage ailments, like poison.)

Anyone still playing? Just picked it up for PS4 since you can’t beat free and have been pleasantly suprised. I could never get into the older generations but they’ve finally added enough quality of life improvements to hook me.

Yeah, I still jump on time to time! I mostly solo, though, because I generally dislike randos, and the few friends I still play with at the moment from time to time, for some reason, we struggle to complete a hunt without one or both of us dropping out. Very much looking forward to iceborne.

Remember, hammer is best weapon.

1 Like

I’ve gotten sidetracked because it’s nice outside and we have yardwork to do, and also my basement lounge has been ripped apart to let it dry and we haven’t put it back yet.

Once all those things are handled, I plan to fuckin’ murder some giant monsters.

I was skeptical as to whether or not I would dig it, but so far, it’s legit my favorite MonHun game. The quality of life improvements are just straight up awesome.

My PS4 username is Malphorix. I’m only HR 8 right now but drop me a friend invite if you’re looking for more people to run with.

Can ps4 and pc play together in harmony, or has the fire nation attacked?

I was a huge fan of the OG monster hunter for the PS2. Since then I’ve not played at all. I’m sorta thinkin’ it may be time to shake off 15 years of rust and dive back in. If there’s like actually cool people on there from the FRCF that’d be pretty sweet.

Nope. Sony is still pretty against Cross-play, and refuses to allow it - not that there’s any evidence that the MonHun Devs are really trying that hard to get it.

Bleh, well if I was gonna dive back in it’d almost certainly be on PC. While I’ve got a ps4, it’s a bit closer to having buyers regret.

I’m sorry but what the living fuck is Geralt doing here? This game has been out for what, more than a year? How have i never heard of this?

Oh yeah, there’s a witcher cross-over event. It’s alright.

1 Like

He showed up via portals (cue “Damn I hate portals”). CDPR has been okay with licensing the Witcher 3 version of him out to games that they fell make thematic sense (Soul Calibur 6, Monster Hunter Worlds) and honestly even though I will never play a Monster Hunter game I think its cool as a long time Witcher fan.

So I fell way off on playing this, but finally got the basement lounge together, so I’m playing it again.

I was worried that some of the quality of life improvements would make the game too easy, but real talk, they’ve just made it better. It’s more fun, and honestly, it feels like I’m actually hunting these fuckin things.

I’m still farting around in the Ancient Forest running expeditions for shits and giggles and hittin shit with my swagaxe, and a Rathian shows up. I think I spent a solid 30 minutes fighting it, broke everything, then struggled to find its damn lair, and just as I did it flew off and left the map.

I was so pissed.

11/10 best Monster Hunter yet.

1 Like

I still need to jump on the expac but all of my friends dropped the game double fast. I’d be willing to put my armor back on up for some frc hunts though.

Maybe once I have my bearings a bit better. Part of the issue is that I tend to play it on a projector, so text is way hard to read. As a result, I’m still not fully used to the controls. Eventually, though!

Is there lag with the projector?

Maybe a smidge, but not enough to really impair gameplay. The primary obstacle is reading text.

I’ve not played any monster hunter since the first one on the PS2. I’ve been told this is the place to get back in. If there’s an frc community already present. Maybe I’ll make it part of my xmas gift to myself.