Miscellaneous Music Thread (Include a Description with your Embedded YouTube)

Song by one of the Ukrainian bands that I’ve been listening to a lot lately. Feels appropriate.

Cigarettes by the Dakh Daughters

Translated Lyrics(I think):

I smoke and smoke cigarettes today
I’m sad today
I’m sad tonight today
mortally, deadly sad
Because I love her braids
Because I love her …

I really like
Listen to Chopin in the white room.
G-moll ballad mood in me
And heart to heart laughs playing

And in the intermission, a timid conversation.
Themes are exquisite and close-far away.
But the heart will grab the heart
And there are two stormy souls between the chandelier.

I’m sad today
I’m sad tonight today
mortally, deadly sad
Because I love her …

5 fun trams passed.
You are gone.
Ah, how to winter on the corner to wait in May,
When in the heart empty.

The lady came out - it does not look like you altogether,
In the atmosphere of the lilies of the valley.
And for a long time I watched
Behind a shiny ring …

One by one - I am smoking cigarettes
I’m sad today
I am deadly mortally sad today
I love her spit …

1 Like

I knew about We Are The Union before, even bought their album “Great Leaps Forward” a long time ago, but I haven’t really followed the band directly. I didn’t even know that Jer from SkaTune Network is part of it.

However, I recently found out about their 2021 album “Ordinary Life”, which talks about their singer’s transition. And the album is really really good.

1 Like

Never liked Sonic or Mario games TBH, however…

Does this even need any explanation?

2 Likes

Pro wrestler and former idol Maki Itoh singing Cruel Angel’s Thesis.

2 Likes

A super fun somewhat gothy somewhat industrial dance jam:

3 Likes

New album from Breakmaster Cylinder!

1 Like

This song by german punk rock band Donots was really big when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, now that we are 22 years away from its release we are farther away from its release, than it was from the beginning of the 80s.

I had no idea this was by a German band!

That’s probably because for the first twenty years of their history they wrote their songs in english. Then for their twentieth anniversary they released a single in german called Das Neue bleibt beim Alten (“The new remains old” or perhaps “the new remains the same”) which featured Tim McIlrath of Rise Against singing his part in german too. This album that followed and was also entirely in german was popular enough that their next album was also entirely sung in german.

When they switched to german, their lyrics also took on a very playful attitude toward german grammar and ambiguity of words, which has been strongly noted by the music press and many asked why they didn’t start composing with german lyrics before.

1 Like

Cool cover.

3 Likes

This song has been so important to me lately, especially in my journey processing trauma.

“Whatever happened to the 00’s” sounds like some parody. What changed?

See also: 1985 by Bowling For Sou… er, SR-71??

1 Like

Feeling like an Outlaw Trigun Bebop Star

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bradsucks/status/1530610831557156864

Summer arrives this Friday, I will dust off the skates.

Oreskaband has released a new album called BOHEMIA earlier this year and I finally got around to listen to it (after foolishly not realizing it was out for almost half a year).

The album is very good and a lot of fun. They released a number of singles and videos in the leadup to it you can check out on their youtube channel.

However, a song that has a bit of a different history and I really like is ARCO, which was written as a cheer song for Arco Kobe, a women’s futsal team. It takes advantage of the linguistic similary between the team name and the japanese term for “let’s walk” (arukou)