"Metal" is the best thread title here

Is there not a hurdy gurdy thread yet on the forum? I only posted it in this thread as I remember metaly gurdy being shared here before.

Usually, a decent beginner’s model goes for about 800-ish, and you can generally get a well-built, if basic, 5 or 6 string bespoke model made to order for 1500-1600 USD. A serious business pro-grade gurdy built by an experienced luthier might cost you more like 3-5k(Or more), but those are relatively uncommon, even among a class of instrument that’s already uncommon.

I don’t think so, no. It’s been discussed before, back when Rym discussed his Ugears laser-cut model one on the show, and someone playing one has been a TOTD before, but there’s not a thread that I can recall or find.

Oh yes.

Lordi gets a counterpart!

1 Like

This might get weird:

50+ artists spanning an unbelievably vast range of genres, generations, cultures, continents and more, each contributing a unique interpretation of their favorite Black Album cut.

GHOST / ENTER SANDMAN

WEEZER / ENTER SANDMAN

THE HU / THROUGH THE NEVER

DARIUS RUCKER / NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

RODRIGO Y GABRIELA / THE STRUGGLE WITHIN

You can already listen to Nothing Else Matters by Miley Cyrus featuring WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, and Chad Smith:

That’s interesting, but man, no love for Macy Gray?

https://youtu.be/Zg9XAJ0vE0w

I got linked to this nastyness and while I’m sure most of y’all here aren’t into the heavy, deep, muddy-like-a-freshly-stocked-plague-catacomb black metal; someone might click on it by mistake and find something to really sink their black rotting demon-teeth into like this character here on the cover art.

https://youtu.be/t0aAMB26ZKU

2 Likes

I’m down for some lost-in-the-frostbitten-haunted-woods black metal. Only on track one and am already jamming the fuck out.

1 Like

Oh fuck yes. It’s like if Gevurah added more Gevurah to the mix.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Found this smooth, grindy little beast of a death metal project with graphics themed nomenclature through the badmspaintmetalalbums Instagram page:

Nice little morsel of Canadian Death if I do say so.

Also the Bad MSPaint Metal Albums page is hilarious and awesome.

New MaSu, and it’s… an AMV?

Everyone is raving about the new ETID.

It’s very scream.

The only thing I know about Every Time I Die is that their Rhythm Guitarist Andy Williams also works as a professional wrestler for AEW as “The Butcher” with his tag team partner “The Blade”.

grafik

However, I do know one thing: Spotify is a shit company.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYmS_iBcy4

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard new metal this ridiculous, I fucking love this. But also ow my throat hurts.

1 Like

The long awaited puzzle is ready to be solved, or not.

EDIT: And the snuggles as well

1 Like

New Machinae Supremacy song:

Kanonenfieber, who put out undoubtedly my favorite death metal album of the last few years with their Menschenmuhle LP about the horrors of WWI, have put out a driving followup single a few weeks back with the Yankee Division March:

But more notable is today their track denouncing the invasion in Ukraine:

While it in some ways falls into the same reactionary anti-war song trap of being a bit on the nose, fuck it, what’s the point of calling out the atrocities of 100 years ago if we can’t accept that the same format still applies perfectly today? That their sound and approach applies to a conflict happening today as one a century ago and either could apply to either, is telling.

Plus it just shreds.

1 Like

qu’est-ce que c’est?

Some French Medieval Metal. Does more need to be said?