"Metal" is the best thread title here

Original Post:

I’ve always liked metal, but I don’t know (m)any metal bands, so I don’t listen to much metal.

I know for a fact we have some metal fans here. Tell me exactly what I should listen to.

Last Post:

TheWhaleShark said:
I have still never seen Gojira live, and I feel like I’m missing out because of that.

Apreche Said:

Can confirm.

Also, that stupid show is in Philly, and one-time only.

Oh cool, Scott can disable new thread creation now, we have all the ones we need.

I found this r/progmetal post a while ago. This kind of stuff is my jam.

I have found Civil War zombie metal, which has defeated Pirate Chiptune Metal for strangest concept on Bandcamp.

Why does metal produce such strange combinations so much more than other genres?

Lars and James on Song Exploder!

Bulgarian vacation anyone?

The new Code Orange album is pretty dam good. Great varied sound and heavy as concrete slippers.

I am so far behind in consuming new metal. Ugh. There’s just too much to keep track of these days. I read shreddit every day and still can’t keep on top of what I should be checking out.

I ask the thread: what were your favorite releases of 2016?

Mine, in no particular order:

Fleshgod Apocalypse - King
Fallujah - Dreamless
Cobalt - Slow Forever
Inquisition - Bloodshed Across…
Ihsahn - Arktis
Metallica - Hardwired…
Oranssi Pazuzu - that one in Finnish
Alcest - Kodama

I heard 3 times that many new releases, but these were the standouts to me.

There’s new MaSu!

Well, from last year, but I just heard about it.

I’m sure I stuck this up on the old thread but good god If Marmozets don’t blow your socks off I don’t know what will.

It’s been a long time since I enjoyed a crossover album, but the latest from Power Trip just fucking slays me.

I don’t know what kind of music I was expecting, but it wasn’t exactly this:

The new Dragonforce album is coming. Whatever about their music. I just want to say I am really really into that album cover. It’s not just a dragon, it’s a fucking cyber dragon. And that green on silver is totally my jam in terms of colors. If I made a metal album, the cover art wouldn’t be too far off from that.

I’m sure that people have already heard this one but I gave Beartooth’s Disgusting a listen for the first time this weekend. Pretty good over all. Great challenging lyrics, whopper beat downs with some good crunch. The only rub I have is that the clean vocals are a bit to soft for me. Remind me a little to much of the bad days of waves of naff emo bands that came out. Over all defiantly worth a listen.

Hot dam are Employed to Serve on fire! Their first album was almost a demo for the next. I mean rifts for days, vocals that will leave you stunned and just this great vibe through out. Well worth a listen.

“Your church is complete, Lord Vader”

• Enormous edifice out front
  • Concrete walls
  • Black pews

If that’s not the metalest church I’ve ever seen. More here:

I don’t know how to describe Skindred other than it is like nothing I have heard before and I love it.

They put on a great live show, they’re one of those bands that just seems to be thoroughly enjoying themselves whenever they perform.