Marvel Cinematic Universe

So the way copyright SHOULD work, is that we society benefit if the original creator has some time to be the only one to use their creation. We benefit by them being incentivized to make more stuff because their the only one who can do so.

So applying that to Stan Lee, he can’t make any more Spider-Man. Ever. The time for Stan Lee Spidey is passed. The societal benefit is over. So I think all Spidey ever made by Stan Lee should be fair game.

The supreme court disagrees I guess, they think life plus some is better for society as their estate can still make some stuff.

Spiderman is back in MCU yay!

2 Likes

So one more turn…

Or is it “One More Day”?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo

1 Like

Watched the trailer yesterday. If this is anything close to Tom King’s and Gabriel Walta’s “Vision” then I am looking forward to it. I like the feeling of distress that one gets while watching it. Anything 1950’s Americana kind of low key freaks me out.

If Marvel TV and MCU isn’t leading to Young Avengers I’m not sure what they are doing at this point. Ant-man 3, WandaVision and the Hawkeye series all look to introduce members… The rest are easy to either debut in a Young Avengers movie or show up in one of the other series.

Even Pleasantville?

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Eternals trailer:

Looks cool, phenomenal cast! Out of all the upcoming Marvel movies, I was least excited about this one, but that could change. This could be a sleeper hit the same way that Guardians of the Galaxy completely surprised everyone.

If it was Celstials instead of Eternals I might actually go see it.

The Celestials will show up in the movie:

" Marvel’s Celestials will have a big role to play in the upcoming Eternals movie. The Celestials are massive cosmic beings of immense power in the Marvel universe. They’ve been seen small doses in the Marvel Cinematic Universe already, but Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said during a trip to CCXP in Brazil that they’ll be seen in full in The Eternals. “Celestials are a big part of it,” he says. “You’ve seen a little bit of Celestials in Guardians of the Galaxy. Knowhwere is the severed head of a Celestial. We will the Celestials in their full, true, enormous power in Eternals, yes.”

Eternals will introduce the god-like beings created by Jack Kirby to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It will also introduce their counterparts, the Deviants, and the hero Black Knight."

I guess we know who Kit Herrington is playing now.

As cool as they are though, I don’t think you could have an entire movie about them. They’re god-like unknowable beings. Do they even have distinct personalities? I don’t know. Maybe @Cremlian can answer that since he’s the resident Marvel Guru.

:open_mouth: fifteen characters

1 Like

To say they have personalities would be to say they are comparable to any of the other cosmic beings, they are pretty much silent gods. I wouldn’t say they have personalities but each one is tasked to do something in the universe.

The current Avengers base is the insides of a dead Celestial.

2 Likes

On the topic of making an entire movie about godlike unknowable beings. Can it be done? Will it be good?

Exhibit A:

I am legit digging the current Avengers “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” run.
I think I am one of the few that is looking forward what is the deal with The Phoenix and Thor.
Not a fan of the reveal at the end thou. They brought subverting expectations to a new level tbh.

1 Like

Imagine every movie in the MCU going in a radically different direction.

1 Like

This used to be a whole comic series that was a lot of fun.

1 Like