MAGFest 2020

NICE! I’m assuming that even though the character on the left has almost no health, that the super they have charged up is strong enough to completely eliminate the opponent’s health bar? Great example.

Exactly, here’s the round in motion!

Now I have an idea for a fun panel.

It’s just clips of video and board games that hit a JoJo’s Roundabout.

“What Happens Next?”

1 Like

They had versions of those at EVO when they where setting up different games, huge hit with the crowd so that absolutely would have an audience.

“What Happens Next?” is stupid when they do it on the scoreboard at hockey games. I don’t think it will be any less stupid with nerd games.

I don’t think it’s stupid. I actually enjoy it.

Especially if you frame it with a conversation and turn it back to some sort of academic point. It’s a good way to explore complex heuristics with real-world examples.

https://youtu.be/CS4S_sNZfow

Question of Sport uses multiple choice.

1 Like

I’d sit through that panel

It’s kind of in flux whether I’ll be there or not. Obviously my folks will be, because they have panels to do, but I might be staying with a friend in Boston that weekend. Depends on things.

Do what you need to do for your own health and happiness.

Sometimes that means going to a con you wanted to skip. Sometimes that means skipping a con you wanted to go to. Sometimes it means skipping a con you thought you wanted/needed but didn’t. s/con/thing/g.

2 Likes

https://super.magfest.org/schedule

It is live, I am tired let me know if you need me to tell you if something is worth going to.

Also super important, if you wanted to do anything in Makerspace (like the video game cookie cutter panel) YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR IT. You can do it in the Guidebook app and all those events will be capped at 30 people.

1 Like

Having perused the schedule, my primary dilemma is Super Soul Bros vs Powerglove. But I saw Powerglove in a small venue a good while back, so it’s probably SSB for me.

2 Likes

Soulbros on the MAGFast stage looks like its moving so you may not have that conflict.

2 Likes

Sadly, after much consideration, I’ve had to withdraw my name from consideration for the Executive Director position. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, but I can’t relocate full time to Baltimore, and telecommuting wasn’t an option for more than a couple days a week, at most.

So instead I’ll simply focus on bringing badass panels next week. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a shame. I know you’ll be very successful in whatever you do next.

Hopefully MAGFest finds someone great, for their own sake.

For those of you who are unable to make it fear not! MAGFest is available online for you to view.

That will take you to the “team” page where you can see concerts, speed runs, panels, and a few other things.

Things got better with my parents and I will be at MAG. We’re getting in Wednesday so I can have dinner with friends before the con.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t say hello to all of you. My weekend was fun, and I have my badge comped for next year, so I’ll do better, then.

Very successful MAG this year and apparently Sonicfox show up and stayed for my fighting game panel?! I was too focused on not messing up the presentation to notice faces but my co-panelist noticed him and pointed him out to me which is super sick. Excited for when the Vids get released.

4 Likes

Super useful if you can fill this out, will add my recap later.

1 Like