MAGFest 2020

That is a long story to be had, tldr people who left the orinization outed him on personal things that caused him to step away from the position.

1 Like

He definitely always seemed like a crazy dude. Why not fill this position from someone internally? It seems like it would be hard to fill from the outside.

3 Likes

So at the moment we are and they want out by March, so the real question goes is if anyone wants to do it that is qualified. At the moment I am not sure but they are taking a wait and see approach to it.

1 Like

Are we talking about Paul? And is our interim minister Dare?

Nope its Nick and the interim was the head of MAGWest.

Yeah, pretty sure Paul is the crazy dude Iā€™m thinking of.

So, Iā€™m thinking about applying for that job. I have a bunch of relevant experience and education. Anybody want to tell me why I should or shouldnā€™t want to work for MAGFest? (If you donā€™t want to say it in public just email bad.badtz.maru@gmail.com. )

1 Like

Hell yeah, give it a shot! Youā€™re more than qualified, and if anyone has what it takes as a person, I think itā€™s you.

2 Likes

You would be a perfect fit for it, if you have anything question wise you want to ask me let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m gonna mail you a few questions.

Oh man, If you got that job it would be a very exciting turn of events for MAGFest.

5 Likes

When do things usually get started at MAG? Like, do things actually pick up as soon as the con opens Thursday morning, or does it usually take a while for people to show up and it doesnā€™t really start till Thursday evening?

Depends what you are looking for? The arcade and such tend to open later on Thursday due to the massive setup needs.

When does Tabletop open?

Tabletop is sometimes aka the third floor. While some rooms may be locked earlier in the day on Thursday, thereā€™s tables just setup in the hallway that are basically impossible, in principal to close.

1 Like

Is Tabletop going to be back on the third floor or is going to be in that separate building again this year?

Oh, I donā€™t know. Thatā€™s a good question. I defer to those who are actually attending.

1 Like

Tabletop is open on noon Thursday in the detatched building. Aka the new ballroom. 1PM on Thursday.is the kick off other departments including panels.

3 Likes

Man Iā€™m so excited this year. Not only do I have an actual podcast to plug for my RPG panel but my fighting game panel is shaping up to be my best one yet. Iā€™ve been trying to hold back just posting all the slides before the fact but I do want to shout out Rym and Scott for introducing me to the concept of positional heuristics.

3 Likes