MAGFest 2019!

I’m actively planning on returning the year after next. (Next year Emily and I are probably hitting Japan at length, so no room for another big trip).

Sounds like a blast! But hey, it’s not a rush. Just do try to make it down before I’m running the whole joint, as I understand from Soap and Kwaizy, it does rather cut into the available drinking free time.

1 Like

I am not sure if any of you are getting hyped yet since Unplugged is coming, but a major announcement took place. Chromelodeon, considered to be the top of Chiptune bands, is performing this year. This is a must go, full stop. Here is their last performance, over a decade ago to give you an idea how good they were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ub2mvaIjfo

1 Like

I had honestly not heard them (in 2007 I was in High School and not following the scene as closely), so I’m gonna try and get into them in the months leading to this MAG.

From their Twitter:

Who wants a sneak peek at the MAGFest 2019 Swadge prototype?
https://youtu.be/OvCkdXIwe28till

available via kick-in badge upgrade, along with a ton of other exclusive merch. super.magfest.org/registration

2 Likes

Video Unavailable.

Fixed it 15 chacters

Fuck, I might kick in for that.

I was hoping for ESP32 based for some bluetooth shenanigans but it looks good. Any chance of a programming header?

The previous installments did allow you to modify it to add whatever you want to it I suspect this to be the same.

I have the 2018 Swadge. It’s a cool synthesizer, except my batteries died and I’m too lazy to replace them.

This popped in my head todayamd wanted to share. BTW panel deadline is on Halloween if anyone wants to make my job harder.

https://youtu.be/eBH2zmw9Hbs

So…I’m gonna be looking for lodging since my normal plans fell through. Can anyone help? I’m happy to chill on a hotel floor if necessary. I can be vouched for by other people here. And most importantly, I can bring great food/drinks for everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGZIFDTMiNc

Swadge update

1 Like

To you who submitted your panels, keep your eyes on your inbox this week. Also for those on the fence, consider getting a badge you may want to buy it soon. We have plenty, chances are we will not sell out, but a certain guest appeared and I was floored that they were coming. Can’t say who yet, but once it is announced you will know, and if there is ever a chance a hoard of fans will buy tickets to see one person, this is it.

Music preview for if you wondering how the bands sound like.

1 Like

Yeeeee, can’t wait! Haven’t been since 2015 and have been itching to go again since. Really looking forward to seeing some of you people I haven’t seen in ages too! I’ll be staying in the MAGCondo with Russ + Coldguy and Co. If anyone wants to meet up and play board games at some point, HMU.

I will be in the Gaylord with my brother and two friends. Looking forward to seeing folks as always. Somehow I ended up with a lot of people I have to see at MAGFest tho. :o

It’s so close. MAGFest is within our grasp!

1 Like

I can comment on this thread again, here is the jist.

Schedule is done for the most part (minus an opening in tabletop panels but at this point unless one of you wants to take it I will leave it open).

Xavier Woods aka Austin Creed is a guest. This is the first ever “large guest” MAGFest ever had so things should be interesting from there.

Pose lounge is now a thing, we have it for the entire weekend. Here is the line up

This is not including the 2nd stage by tabletop so music is going to be super covered this year. Speaking of tabletop it is now in the ballroom and not the 3rd floor area, meaning it will be outside of the main gaylord building. Prepare a sweater/hoodie as appropriate.

Last but not least any requests for me to bring certain games? Let me know. This year my involvement with the day to day is at a minimum so that I can maximize hanging out with everyone and enjoying the fest (unlike last year where I did 3 14 hour shifts due to the head of the department dropping the ball).

2 Likes